• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 361 and options

10 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have this copy of ASM 361 that I am contemplating doing two things with it. I will be attending a con in a couple of weeks where Stan Lee will be present and signing with facilitator to get it submitted for yellow label.

The thing is that if I want to go this route I have to pay $220 total which includes the fee for the signature and facilitator fee to get it slabbed. They said the comic has to be submitted under their account and they will be the only people doing witnessing at the show. Is it worth paying that much to get Stan's signature and slabbed or should I just regular slab it myself?

I don't want to do it if the comic isn't going to come back at least a 9.6 but hoping for a 9.8 which it might not be under the realm of impossibility when comparing my copy to stuff I have seen my buddy send out and come back.

What do you gurus think?

DSC01740.JPG

DSC01741.JPG

DSC01742.JPG

DSC01743.JPG

DSC01744.JPG

DSC01745.JPG

DSC01746.JPG

DSC01747.JPG

DSC01748.JPG

DSC01749.JPG

DSC01750.JPG

DSC01751.JPG

DSC01752.JPG

I think if the plan is to sell it the margin of profit is way better not getting it signed.  Like for moderns a stan lee sig often has no increase in value.  

24 minutes ago, apollobuzz said:

Agree.  This corner needs a press to have a shot a 9.6 to 9.8.

I agree also with Kav that Stan Lee might not up the value for a flip immediately, but imo it's up to you; time is money and where there is not a lot of time you need to decide if it is worth it to you! I don't know if you have any Stan SS, it might be a momento of your first SS and what a momento. There are many things that can add value and the only one that can decide is you :) I say go for it if you feel value in it, do some research of already CGC'd SS'd copies on sale other places and decide if your cost is more/less than it already done in the grade that you require to feel satisfied. I don't know what you paid for the ASM 361 but you do and you know your cost for the SS CGC, if it's the experience that you want weigh that too, but otherwise look for a yellow label already SS'd and CGC'd and weigh the cost :) 

The corner will drag the grade down to probably a 9.6 so you'll need to have it pressed more than likely to get back a 9.8. I was at Megacon in Orlando and Stan was signing books. My wife and I waited two hours without the line moving an inch before deciding that we just weren't going to wait any longer. My advice would be for you to do whatever it is you want to do. Getting Stan's signature on a Spider-Man book no less will be a cool experience and you'll have a book and experience you won't forget.

On 8/8/2017 at 9:10 AM, poppy73 said:

The corner will drag the grade down to probably a 9.6 so you'll need to have it pressed more than likely to get back a 9.8. I was at Megacon in Orlando and Stan was signing books. My wife and I waited two hours without the line moving an inch before deciding that we just weren't going to wait any longer. My advice would be for you to do whatever it is you want to do. Getting Stan's signature on a Spider-Man book no less will be a cool experience and you'll have a book and experience you won't forget.

Yeah this would mostly be to sell. The only 2 Spidey comics I would pay tons of money to get signed and slabbed are ASM 300 and Spider-Man #1 but sadly both of my copies of those are in sad shape as 10-year old me did not care much about bag and boarding comics. Plus I would never sell those either.

Edited by gus6464

So CGC will be at Long Beach Comic Con next month. When I take the comic to their booth and submit for slabbing do they also do the pressing? Can the pressing and slabbing be in one invoice or do I have to get it pressed first before taking it to them?

5 hours ago, gus6464 said:

Yeah this would mostly be to sell. The only 2 Spidey comics I would pay tons of money to get signed and slabbed are ASM 300 and Spider-Man #1 but sadly both of my copies of those are in sad shape as 10-year old me did not care much about bag and boarding comics. Plus I would never sell those either.

If to sell, like others have stated I wouldn't get it signed. I know for a lot of modern books, if they are signed by Stan, I won't even consider purchasing and there are alot like me. I only purchase books signed by him that he scripted personally.

Good luck with the grade! 

On 8/9/2017 at 4:00 PM, gus6464 said:

So CGC will be at Long Beach Comic Con next month. When I take the comic to their booth and submit for slabbing do they also do the pressing? Can the pressing and slabbing be in one invoice or do I have to get it pressed first before taking it to them?

They will take the book from you and have you complete form listing the services you want them to perform. If you want them to press the book you would indicate that at that point. They take the book back to Sarasota and in several weeks you'll get your book back slabbed, pressed and graded. I do agree that your only chance at a 9.8 would be a pressing but there are no guarantees. As far as getting Stan's signature it would only be worth it in my opinion is the book was graded a 9.8.