• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM old label Iron Fist 14
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Thanks for your help. I figured out with the press the lower right corner will straighten out somewhat. It is folded under. The upper right corner is similar but less so. What do you think this would be grade with the press? I added some better pictures in a reply post below. Thanks for your help.

IMG_5147.JPG

IMG_5148.JPG

IMG_5149.JPG

IMG_5150.JPG

IMG_5146.JPG

Edited by Westy Steve

That's hard I'd say maybe 8.0

the corner's are nice some spine ticks, book from 1975? so maybe 7.5? 

I'll stick with 7.5 as my guess :) 

Is this question practice for the contest? or are you seeing if this old label would re-grade higher?

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:35 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's hard I'd say maybe 8.0

the corner's are nice some spine ticks, book from 1975? so maybe 7.5? 

I'll stick with 7.5 as my guess :) 

Is this question practice for the contest? or are you seeing if this old label would re-grade higher?

Forgot to reveal the grade!  Actually it's an old label 9.0.  I might have zoomed in too hard on those spine ticks, but this does confirm that I won't liberate the book from it's slab. 

4 minutes ago, Westy Steve said:

Forgot to reveal the grade!  Actually it's an old label 9.0.  I might have zoomed in too hard on those spine ticks, but this does confirm that I won't liberate the book from it's slab. 

Well dang, lol I can see 9.0 now :) it has nice gloss not really any bends that I could see, but I didn't do to well in the grading contest so may be better to wait for more opinions. I saw the spine ticks and lost it, but I'm glad you got a 9.0. I wonder if because the camera is zoomed in on them that I thought they were that serious?