• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MYSTIC 18 CGC 1.8
4 4

214 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

So I guess seller didn't honor the sale nor make things right ? Good to know. Scratch one off the list.

Nope. To be fair I did make the point that I wouldn't feel right about taking the book under those circumstances. It doesn't feel right to me if you feel you are 'forcing' someone to do the right thing. However an insistence by the seller to honour our agreement would have put that right in my mind. But that was not forthcoming. Just as worrying and disappointing was the total lack of involvement by the new buyer, who knew the situation but didn't choose to also do the right thing. So scratch 2 off the list.

7 hours ago, SOLAR BOY said:

I just scratched every single one of you in this thread off my "cool people I would invite to my poker party" list for all this debating and I just read over the last 15 min. 

Did I miss something? Certain stuff seems to have been poofed. What happened?

1 hour ago, Grantley Goddard said:

Did I miss something? Certain stuff seems to have been poofed. What happened?

Hahaa I was teasing man. Seller clearly made a mistake. He manned up and good you brought back it up so everyone knows. But people who scratch people off lists or talk probation......bunch of babies....please add me to any of those lists.....see if I still get everything I want or not lol....too many threats on here. Keyboard tough guys. That's my only issue with some of the comments.  Just my honest opinion. 

Just now, Gotham Kid said:

what are you talking about ? if you're a doosh why would people want to do business with you ?

There are a lot of doosh bags on the boards that lots of veteran members buy from and sell to all the Time. 

This seller is new and made a mistake. All I'm saying is we shouldn't be so quick to judge. One strike and you're out is what it seems a lot of people on here do. Why don't we give someone a second chance instead of jumping the gun. We are all human and he made it right. Sad I looked at his thread last night with some nice books and not one sale.....over this 

6 minutes ago, SOLAR BOY said:

There are a lot of doosh bags on the boards that lots of veteran members buy from and sell to all the Time. 

This seller is new and made a mistake. All I'm saying is we shouldn't be so quick to judge. One strike and you're out is what it seems a lot of people on here do. Why don't we give someone a second chance instead of jumping the gun. We are all human and he made it right. Sad I looked at his thread last night with some nice books and not one sale.....over this 

I wouldn't agree he made anything right. I think he got off pretty light considering he could have been nominated for the PL, but I didn't go down that route. As regards his sales thread, yes there were no sales but there have to be consequences. I call it Karma.  

5 minutes ago, Grantley Goddard said:

I wouldn't agree he made anything right. I think he got off pretty light considering he could have been nominated for the PL, but I didn't go down that route. As regards his sales thread, yes there were no sales but there have to be consequences. I call it Karma.  

He offered to sell it to you right? 

3 minutes ago, SOLAR BOY said:

He offered to sell it to you right? 

Yes he did, but I felt it was an offer made under duress, and I felt uncomfortable gaining the book that way. I guess I wanted some kind of complete declaration along the lines of....'I screwed up, of course we had a firm deal ergo the book is yours'. I realise perhaps I was being too sensitive about it. I didn't want to own the book and every time I looked at it, it would remind me of the incident. I wanted 'complete and rightful ownership' in my own mind at least. What was unbelievable to me is that the guy started a massive thread 10 days later like nothing happened and expected people to look the other way. That took some nerve. 

Do you know what happened to the thread and why? I was in bed asleep (UK time)

20 minutes ago, SOLAR BOY said:

So why don't you go and throw him some business if you feel so sorry for him?  Not sure if you read the entire thread or not, but "manning" up way after the fact only when called out on shady business practices coupled with posting inaccurate information on how the deal(s) played out and what was/was not communicated does not deserve a high five IMO.

He's always got eBay.

1 hour ago, MustEatBrains said:

So why don't you go and throw him some business if you feel so sorry for him?  Not sure if you read the entire thread or not, but "manning" up way after the fact only when called out on shady business practices coupled with posting inaccurate information on how the deal(s) played out and what was/was not communicated does not deserve a high five IMO.

He's always got eBay.

Im not dis agreeing with what is being said.  All i wanted to point out is we are all human.  We all make mistakes.  We all do some things for stupid reasons.  Im not saying its ok im just saying he made a mistake he apologized and he tried to offer the book to original buyer.....end of story.  All of you who feel that we are not allowed to make mistakes and lets just rip into the person all night long....don't belong here buying and selling.  Ive dealt with many shady people here, over graded books, not mentioning issues and I always give them the benefit of the doubt first and foremost.

Now if he does this again then he needs to be added to the probation List.  But first offense or mistake should not be as serious as its being made.

If he had anything I want or collect I would 100% buy from him.  Im completing 5 different runs as we speak and none of them are in his post.

1. Seller is wrong

2. Nobody HAS to post the :takeit: in the thread. Once the seller has agreed to a deal then it can be done by EITHER party, as some buyers here wish to remain anonymous.

3. Seller should be on the probation list IMO.

3 hours ago, SOLAR BOY said:

I looked at his thread last night with some nice books and not one sale.....over this 

Tbh I don't think the lack of sales can be blamed on this thread. If there's something coveted most likely someone would roll the dice.

Nothing against the sellers books but NYCC is coming up and at this point people seem to be going for keys/classic covers. Doesn't seem to be a lot of money available for standard GA fare.

Whut do I know tho?? I'm a total n00b

Edited by TheFifthHorseman
Cuz i made a typo

3 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I have no problem with people who make mistakes, apologize and try to correct the error, but in this case, the seller didn't tell the truth AFTER the "mistake" was brought up. He tried once again

to obfuscate what actually happened, it was only after he was caught in his 2nd "mistake", that he "manned up" tried to salvage what he had done.

Since there was an earlier "mistake" when he walked away after being told he was in possession of books that were stolen from another boarder, that makes 3 mistakes in my book.

Bottom line.

4 minutes ago, SOLAR BOY said:

I give people chances but if they lie which i didnt know sharon then im not interested in dealing with them.

Then get all the facts BEFORE you post about lists and probations and keyboard tough guy babies. bwah !

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 minute ago, SOLAR BOY said:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion....I give people chances but if they lie which i didnt know sharon then im not interested in dealing with them.

I knew that Tamir, that's why I posted.:foryou: