• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do people think of indvidually graded pages?
2 2

63 posts in this topic

I recently picked up a page to Batman #1, and Action Comics #1.  I never thought I would just buy one page to any comic, but these two issues are a little out of my price range complete.  Has anyone else just bought a page?  I am excited to own a piece of both of these comics honestly.  I Look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Brian

10 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I don't like them. I just can't stand seeing iconic books being further destroyed just for a monetary profit. Unless they were aquired that way in the first place.

+1, not a fan of it.  I buy coverless books from time to time as reading copies but single pages (shrug)

I can't help but feel that if cgc will grade a page, then they encourage it.   I don't like the idea of people cutting up a book for it.  But I understand the appeal of buying one.  It sucks when a page you want to see is encased.  I crack open my silver age books to look at em, but usually not any GA.   If I had a All Star #8 I'd have to open it.  I'd have to know if those pages are clean.     

What a nightmare to crack it out, and the splash page of Wonder Woman's first appearance has scribbles all over it....  

I was nervous enough when I opened a Strange Tales #110 not too long ago..  Luckily it was clear.

1 minute ago, GoldCap said:

I've never really thought about seeking out an individual page but I do look at them when I see one for sale on eBay.  I have yet to buy a coverless comic so individual pages are a ways away for me, if ever.

Same here until I was able to get a coverless Batman #1 for a great price. To me it's pretty cool to have that book in my collection even if it's not complete

Just now, Barth said:

Same here until I was able to get a coverless Batman #1 for a great price. To me it's pretty cool to have that book in my collection even if it's not complete

For an opportunity for a book of that caliber (in top 10 most desired/valuable of all comics), it's a no-brainer IMO.  Congrats!  I would buy a coverless Cap 1, 3 or 46 in a heartbeat...once I save up some money :shy:

Are people really shredding coverless copies to sell one page a a time? Not sure the math adds up in that.

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=22601073

Most of these superman 1 pages are going for about 400$...68 page book = 34 pieces of paper to sell = $13,600 to put yourself together the whole thing one page at a time.

Saw an action one page auction with superman on it on cc for like 6k a few months back, but there's only 12 superman pages (6 pieces of paper)...not sure what the rest would bring but what's a coverless action one gonna run? Probably way more than 36k.

Dunno if these pages came from already pulverized or poorly kept copies but it seems unliklely people would be cutting up a book to do this.  

Maybe I'm missing something here ... I'll admit I haven't looked into buying these before.

I always thought collecting individual pages of comics was silly.  Then I found myself buying this page (though I no longer have it)... it's one of the key title pages from Shakespeare's 2nd Folio from 1632.  I realize now that if you can't have the whole of something you prize... sometimes a part of it will just have to do!

Midsommer Night's Dreame 1632.jpg

15 hours ago, comicdonna said:

I used to have a wrap in a NG CGC slab.  It was the centerpiece of my collection.  When it was time to sell, it quickly went for 5 figures. 

Mike you had the mother of all single wraps, the first wrap to Action #1 featuring the origin. Wish I had bought it at the time. 

I need 3 measly pages to complete my Superman 1. You can bet I love single pages as I'm looking to get a complete copy of one of the most epic golden age comics. I think it's funny people believe that someone would detach pages to a major golden age book or any major key to sell independently. I'd say the likelihood anyone does something like that is slim to none, and I guarantee there is likely no proof of anyone doing it. I just think solo pages are out there as they were torn out many years before.

20 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I need 3 measly pages to complete my Superman 1. You can bet I love single pages as I'm looking to get a complete copy of one of the most epic golden age comics. I think it's funny people believe that someone would detach pages to a major golden age book or any major key to sell independently. I'd say the likelihood anyone does something like that is slim to none, and I guarantee there is likely no proof of anyone doing it. I just think solo pages are out there as they were torn out many years before.

There are lots of Superman 1 pages out there for sale.  

Which ones do you need??