• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What books are increasing in value other than AF15?
2 2

76 posts in this topic

Other then AF 15 increasing in prices so would these and many more.. Amazing SPIDER-MAN 14 in all grades, to Anazing SPIDER-MAN #50 in majority of grades ( a classic Romita) to Fantastic Four #4 which is heating up now big time ( very hard to find in higher grade over 6.0) 

3 minutes ago, Kalel38 said:

Other then AF 15 increasing in prices so would these and many more.. Amazing SPIDER-MAN 14 in all grades, to Anazing SPIDER-MAN #50 in majority of grades ( a classic Romita) to Fantastic Four #4 which is heating up now big time ( very hard to find in higher grade over 6.0) 

With the announcement of the dr doom movie, I would expect ff 5 to start climbing also

3 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Another thread about values?

Yes to see what else is going on outside the world of AF15. Gator got me thinking since I thought the market was dead for everything except AF15 over the last year and he seems to think otherwise so I would like peoples opinions since I am wrong about my assumption.

Edited by SC22

2 hours ago, s14roller said:

Seems like quite a few.  Do you use GPA?  Check out any of the major keys, seems the trends have been up YoY.

What books have been going up I got the sens that only AF15 was doing so in the last 1 to 2 years? I seem to be wrong so I would like peoples input.

31 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

well, its bronze, not silver, but hulk181 continues to climb. a 9.0 was going for 2500-3000 a year ago, and is now often around 3500. and that same book cost 2k 3 years ago, when i got mine. similar results with asm129. 

Correct Hulk 181 has been making great % since its major climbing ever since 2013 or so when a VF/Nm was getting 1500 so a 9.0 roughly which in 4yrs a 2k gain "Incredible".. Every grade from 2.0 to 9.6-with exception to a 9.8s all grades have been climbing at a healthy rate. AF 15s isn't the only big kid that's moving if you research a little majority of great top key silver age issues are climbing. No not at a AF 15 pace but still good enough to say don't just look at AF 15 as a heavy profit book there's lots of other goodies in the candy shop that's still delicious ??

2 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

How about Tec 359 and (though it's early bronze) HOS 92? At least in my anecdotal observation, they both seem on the move.

Tech 359 a great book but only started making big big moves when a movie announced was told and the same with HOS 92 with Justice league dark. Even still these 2 books are timeless classics movie or not and a great way to park ur $$ into 

Just now, Kalel38 said:

Tech 359 a great book but only started making big big moves when a movie announced was told and the same with HOS 92 with Justice league dark. Even still these 2 books are timeless classics movie or not and a great way to park ur $$ into 

I absolutely agree about the why; they have both probably been under the radar too long and that's no longer the case. The Tec with that purple cover is tough to find in really nice shape, and the HOS, in terms of availability compared to its other bronze key peers, is the TTA 27 of bronze. I agree with you they are timeless classics, both finally getting their day in the sun. (I've always thought of HOS92 as a book that doesn't sit around long, but boy has its chaser base seemed to grow in the last few months.)

7 minutes ago, Knightsofold said:

Are there silver age keys (top 20) that are NOT increasing?

This is the better question. Most keys and hot artist/classic cover books in all age groups are increasing in value.