• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pressing RAW books with Signatures

8 posts in this topic

Hey Folks,

Looking for some insight.  I have a number of raw books that have signatures on the covers.  Does pressing and cleaning books with signatures on the cover compromise, or mess up (smudge) or any way damage the signature?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer

walter

14 minutes ago, Mystafo said:

From what I understand, it very well can.  One of the tell-tale signs of a non-professionally pressed book is a runny or blurred bit of ink writing.  My guess is its easy to over humidify the subject comic.

Indeed. Trust me, I've seen it happen too many times. IMO, looks terrible and should be downgraded more by CGC. 

On 9/15/2017 at 4:55 PM, wrd said:

Hey Folks,

Looking for some insight.  I have a number of raw books that have signatures on the covers.  Does pressing and cleaning books with signatures on the cover compromise, or mess up (smudge) or any way damage the signature?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer

walter

All depends on the ink used and who is doing the pressing. If you do get it pressed, go with someone experienced in pressing already signed books.