• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALL-BAKER COMICS
7 7

487 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Yorick said:

HORRIBLE!!  Only three?!  Like trying to choose a favorite child.

VOTED.

I know.  After voting for my own obvious three favorites, I found myself hoping that other people would vote for my next few favorites, just so they'd get on the ballot.  

19 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I don't want to sway the results so I won't say it. But, I have a pretty good idea which one will be #1. Interesting to see if I am right.,,

Yep. You nailed it.

52 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Voted

I don't want to sway the results so I won't say it. But, I have a pretty good idea which one will be #1. Interesting to see if I am right.,,

I'll sway it. :devil:

This one.

IMG_0814.JPG.72c8f6467b2e9b28e02129877186f2e2.JPG

A decade ago it probably would have been this one though...

IMG_0816.thumb.JPG.224ff9cee87b2d87958efcc742ad98ec.JPG

First, I want to thank Tabcom for taking the laboring oar on this.  However, I agree with the concerns expressed about limiting it to 3 choices.  Doing that will, at best, give us an idea of which books are the top 3-5, but not the top 20.  For example, assume (hypothetically) that almost everyone votes for PL 17, CL 25, SS 4, TLP 11 and APC 6, but a couple people vote for some unexpected outliers that would not be on most boardies' lists.  Under this approach, those outliers would make the top 20 list because everyone else used up their votes on the same 3-5 books.

For these reasons, I think it would make more sense to have people list 10 books in order to get a sense of what the top 20 are.

Edited by RareHighGrade

48 minutes ago, RareHighGrade said:

First, I want to thank Tabcom for taking the laboring oar on this.  However, I agree with the concerns expressed about limiting it to 3 choices.  Doing that will, at best, give us an idea of which books are the top 3-5, but not the top 20.  For example, assume (hypothetically) that almost everyone votes for PL 17, CL 25, SS 4, TLP 11 and APC 6, but a couple people vote for some unexpected outliers that would not be on most boardies' lists.  Under this approach, those outliers would make the top 20 list because everyone else used up their votes on the same 3-5 books.

For these reasons, I think it would make more sense to have people list 10 books in order to get a sense of what the top 20 are.

Or you could do just the top 3 now and continue with another poll for positions 4-6 and continue on until you have a top 20.

21 minutes ago, N e r V said:
1 hour ago, RareHighGrade said:

Or you could do just the top 3 now and continue with another poll for positions 4-6 and continue on until you have a top 20.

I like that idea!  What do you think Tabcom?

At this point, I'm wondering how many folks understand the two-phase structure of this plan.  Well, no matter- it should become clear when phase two begins... and the plan should work, regardless.  

Now I'm more concerned that we get enough voters to make the end result meaningful.