• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anastasia's Collectibles

8 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, not sure which category this would belong it, but I have an issue that doesnt seem to be unique. Earlier in the year I attended Calgary Comic and Fan Expo. There I and many others got some books signed and sent off with the notorious Anastasia's Collectibles. I was quoted August as the date in which my books would be back to me. They weren't which was fine, they said contact them if they didnt arrive by then. So I reached out and nothing. Its been over a month now and I have tried phoning, emailing, private fb messages, posting to their fb page, messaging through their website, and nothing. They will not respond. I am not the only one they wont reply to apparently and several people have waited longer then I have for their books to come and they continue to wait. Does anybody know if they went under or what is the deal with them? I dealt with them before and they were great. This is driving me crazy. I have also tried reaching out to CGC through phone and email and messages through their site and no response from them. I am at a loss on what I can do to get a hold of somebody. Its not that hard for either of these 2 companies to send an email back in response. Can anybody shed some light on this?

They are only a go between cgc/cbcs and their customers , so I dealt with the grading company directly and the tracking invoice given. They knew where the book was and how long it took.

The wait time for me was pressing + grading + however long it took for them to hand it the graders. Around 6 months for me.

My only interaction with the representative in person left much to be desired. I’m 100% sure you’ll get your books back.

@romanheart Thats great to hear. I have tried contacting CGC, and nothing from either. However on my slip from Anastasia's I wasnt given any tracking number or invoice number of any kind. Never was last time either. Are they able to look up based on the name of the owner of the books? My guess is likely no, as they would have been submitted through Anastasia's so they would have their name attached. 

Just now, Wilddragon said:

@romanheart Thats great to hear. I have tried contacting CGC, and nothing from either. However on my slip from Anastasia's I wasnt given any tracking number or invoice number of any kind. Never was last time either. Are they able to look up based on the name of the owner of the books? My guess is likely no, as they would have been submitted through Anastasia's so they would have their name attached. 

they've left me hanging for months after I expected to get my books as well.  But I ultimately got my books.  After some nagging, they agreed to help make things right.  Then they did not follow through on that agreement, which is what I should have expected.  They generally should be avoided, as their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.  But sometimes they're your only choice for Stan Lee.  You should make a complaint to CGC directly, probably after you get your book so you can detail the whole experience.  If enough people complain, maybe some things will change, but maybe not.

2 minutes ago, revat said:

they've left me hanging for months after I expected to get my books as well.  But I ultimately got my books.  After some nagging, they agreed to help make things right.  Then they did not follow through on that agreement, which is what I should have expected.  They generally should be avoided, as their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.  But sometimes they're your only choice for Stan Lee.  You should make a complaint to CGC directly, probably after you get your book so you can detail the whole experience.  If enough people complain, maybe some things will change, but maybe not.

True enough.

I talked to their representative at Stan Lee's desk back in Fan Expo 2016 and he started off by telling it was going to be "at least $xx amount of money to have it graded", and you had to do this and that to get it done. He seemed like he was doing anything to keep from doing any kind of paperwork to make his life easier.

I chanced upon the competitor grading company at the show and they told me exactly the costs, what I had to do, how long it would take, and whether I wanted pressing done. A totally easy transaction by comparison.

CGC should have a good talk with them as it clearly cost them business in my case.

fyi - I know AC is or was a member on the boards.

6 hours ago, Wilddragon said:

Continue to complain to CGC.  These guys are essentially representatives of CGC and CGC needs to be aware of problems with companies accepting books on their behalf.  There's no excuse for CGC or Anasasia to ignore emails and to not reply in a reasonable time.