• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bounty's Halloween Harvest of Horror! FINAL BLOWOUT : Summary on Page #1 Post #2
5 5

807 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, bounty_coder said:

I think Photobucket (and I pay for it) is really slogging right now.  That is lame.  May find an alternative :pullhair:

It may be, but I actually think it has to do with the large size of your images - not the visual size, but whatever you do to them to make them huge in the bytes department.  They take a long time to load, and that's not just today.

3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

It may be, but I actually think it has to do with the large size of your images - not the visual size, but whatever you do to them to make them huge in the bytes department.  They take a long time to load, and that's not just today.

"huge in the bytes department" :baiting: :roflmao:

Just now, bounty_coder said:
4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

"huge in the bytes department" :baiting: :roflmao:

I'll bet they're Hugh Jass files...., just saying.  They roll out and slowly scroll down, while apparently eyes are glazing over.

16 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I'll bet they're Hugh Jass files...., just saying.  They roll out and slowly scroll down, while apparently eyes are glazing over.

Yeah, good lord.  It looks like they are 3+ MBs per picture.  That will definitely do it.  Back to the drawing board.

16 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Makes the page time out frequently. When you are trying to buy books/ magazines like these beauties time is of the essence!

Every Mag I would have bought is gone, all because the page doesn't load. :(

But hey, at least now I know what it felt like for the rest of you from earlier in the thread...and I am sorry about that! :devil:

On 10/13/2017 at 3:49 PM, bounty_coder said:

Monsters Unleashed #1 Marvel/Curtis
Grade: VF/NM 9.0 (staples starting to oxidize/rust)
Ask: $35
- Gray Morrow Classic Werewolf and Red Head in hiding cover.
- Book looks NM+ but has staple oxidization and improvable defects.
- White Supple Pages.

Reveal hidden contents

6279884E-3A73-4B84-82F0-AAF7BE3035EB.jpg 

0D3F3A9B-2742-452F-B4AB-38A91973ED54.jpg 

1DDEB2F8-E95A-43E7-8DBB-9CBA793FFF56.jpg 

0C66A74D-9A9A-4A1F-995C-B1F5AD50A5AF.jpg 

C9D0E2B0-9D89-4960-BC81-0172FCE55B59.jpg 

4414F3EB-1438-482B-AB3E-D6540D850019.jpg 

:takeit:

Edited by SpudsOnAHalfShell

Just now, thehumantorch said:

Can I ask, why are you using Photobucket?

I find it much easier to click 'choose files' and select images from your hard drive and plop them in.

Yeah, I take the pictures from my phone.  Photobucket has an app and makes it seamless to add them from phone to Photobucket.

But It looks like I need to figure out a workflow possibly that reduces the size of my photos first, or go back to scanning which is slower...

4 minutes ago, bounty_coder said:

Yeah, I take the pictures from my phone.  Photobucket has an app and makes it seamless to add them from phone to Photobucket.

But It looks like I need to figure out a workflow possibly that reduces the size of my photos first, or go back to scanning which is slower...

Can you move the photos to your computer or tablet?  Photobucket can be really slow and it's really easy to add images from your computer to this site.

Just now, thehumantorch said:

Can you move the photos to your computer or tablet?  Photobucket can be really slow and it's really easy to add images from your computer to this site.

Yep, that's what I'm trying to work through now.  That is when I realized the size of the photos is 3-4MB's a piece which is probably a big part of the problem in loading...