• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Golden Age Scarcities & Oddities; Silver & Bronze too; Freebies!
2 2

181 posts in this topic

Atom #19, the second appearance of Zatanna. I'll call it Fair 1.0 with obvious and plentiful defects that include a spine split up past the lower staple, but top staple is firmly attached, and its complete. (WAS $10.) NOW $5 Gil Kane goodness.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Blackhawk #228 looking fairly sharp in about a 7.5, maybe 8.0 depending upon slight scuffing on lower front cover. JLA appears in the "Junk Heap Heroes" storyline. Lady Blackhawk shows up in a bikini too. (I should have mentioned -- I included a pic of the Captain Action ad because I thought it was cool as all get-out that there was a Sgt Fury version!) (WAS $15) NOW $12

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Okay folks, prices have been slashed on all but the books posted last night (all those went up between $3 and $15; feel free to PM offers especially if stacking). 

All the other hen's teeth-level stuff from the first two nights have been dropped by various dollar amounts, usually equaling 20-25%...folks, an early 50's Wonder Woman, a Blue Bolt Weird Tales, several pre-code romance (one not in the census yet), a 1937 Mickey Mouse Magazine, a Here's Howie, a Best of the West that's not in Gerber...if you're waiting to walk into your LCS and see these on the wall you could be waiting a while. 

Feel free to PM and stay tuned for more books; time to shoot...it's either going to be cheap DC Silver, Archies, or esoteric, affordable Golden Age. But all are yet to come. Thanks for looking!

3 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Okay folks, prices have been slashed on all but the books posted last night (all those went up between $3 and $15; feel free to PM offers especially if stacking). 

All the other hen's teeth-level stuff from the first two nights have been dropped by various dollar amounts, usually equaling 20-25%...folks, an early 50's Wonder Woman, a Blue Bolt Weird Tales, several pre-code romance (one not in the census yet), a 1937 Mickey Mouse Magazine, a Here's Howie, a Best of the West that's not in Gerber...if you're waiting to walk into your LCS and see these on the wall you could be waiting a while. 

Feel free to PM and stay tuned for more books; time to shoot...it's either going to be cheap DC Silver, Archies, or esoteric, affordable Golden Age. But all are yet to come. Thanks for looking!

I'm just on my way out to see IT, so I vote holding off on the Archie until a later time :whistle:....plus Cliff is missing.

On 10/16/2017 at 11:34 PM, Readcomix said:

Fawcett 1952, Strange Stories from Another World #3, VG with a wavy, once-long-ago texture but clean and readable. Norm Saunders photo cover. (WAS $40) NOW $30

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Can't resist.

:takeit: