• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thinking about a trade. What sayeth you?

15 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Randall Ries said:

Well, I have been thinking about trading my Superman #16 CGC 8.5 o/w pages for an Incredible Hulk #181 9.4 ow. While I know there are many variables involved, I'd like to hear from the experts. I'm leaning toward not, myself.

Trading Gold for Bronze, rare in grade for not rare at all, great PQ in GA for a lesser PQ in Bronze ? I think you will eventually regret this deal.

2 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Trading Gold for Bronze, rare in grade for not rare at all, great PQ in GA for a lesser PQ in Bronze ? I think you will eventually regret this deal.

That's why I lean toward not doing a trade. GA is steady while BA can be a bumpy ride. Towering peaks and debilitating crashes. If Wolvie loses popularity for some reason, th-th-th-that's all, folks for IH 181.

Keep the Supes.  From an investment standpoint both are excellent. Recently, IH has shown better positive returns and has a much larger market of buyers.  Certainly its value will fall way faster when the inevitable market corrections occur.  Happily,  We're collectors not investors.  I've discovered at least a dozen real nice Hulk 181's over the years in collections I've unearthed (and am hopeful for more) and have a grand total of zero Superman 16's let alone an 8.5 unearthed .  "Nuff said.

2 hours ago, Randall Ries said:

That's why I lean toward not doing a trade. GA is steady while BA can be a bumpy ride. Towering peaks and debilitating crashes. If Wolvie loses popularity for some reason, th-th-th-that's all, folks for IH 181.

181 isn't going to sustain the huge gains in value forever.  It may never go down, but at some point it will flatten out.  I'd wait and get the perfect copy for you.  

18 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

wait, why would people pouch the IH181 number?  Sorry, I'm a bit naive to this...

He was hiding the barcode on the cgc case of the Hulk 181 so that no one bought it out from under him...

Or copied the picture and said it was theirs... by posting it elsewhere for sale or something like that...