• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Albany Comic Con?

16 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Jimbo749 said:

Wasn't planning on it, but a local LCS owner gave me a flyer. Have you been to this event before?

No but I know the LCS owner who runs it, and everyone says he does a great job. (Knowing him, I'm sure it's accurate.) Plus, Joe Sinnott is coming, so how can you go wrong? I plan to finally go this year.

5 hours ago, Readcomix said:

No but I know the LCS owner who runs it, and everyone says he does a great job. (Knowing him, I'm sure it's accurate.) Plus, Joe Sinnott is coming, so how can you go wrong? I plan to finally go this year.

Dug up some more info on the show, and I think it will be worth going. Looks like it is only a $5 admission.  I didn't check the address on the flyer very well, for some reason i thought it was downtown and i would have to drive around looking for a parking spot.

Also, FYI Excellent Adventures (where i got the flyer) is doing a Halloween event on 10/28, all back issues 25%-50% off

On October 23, 2017 at 2:40 PM, Jimbo749 said:

Dug up some more info on the show, and I think it will be worth going. Looks like it is only a $5 admission.  I didn't check the address on the flyer very well, for some reason i thought it was downtown and i would have to drive around looking for a parking spot.

Also, FYI Excellent Adventures (where i got the flyer) is doing a Halloween event on 10/28, all back issues 25%-50% off

Thx! John, the owner of Excellent Adventures, is the creator of the Albany con. See ya there!

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:40 PM, Jimbo749 said:

It's always been on Wolf Rd.  Lots of parking spots.  It looks like the name of the hotel has changed.  I don't think there ever used to be a Radisson there.  I've been about 3 or 4 times.  I've had lunch with MrZipper most times.  Redhook joined us once, too.  I've met other boardies as well. 

1 minute ago, comicdonna said:

It's always been on Wolf Rd.  Lots of parking spots.  It looks like the name of the hotel has changed.  I don't think there ever used to be a Radisson there.  I've been about 3 or 4 times.  I've had lunch with MrZipper most times.  Redhook joined us once, too.  I've met other boardies as well. 

I don't remember a Radisson there either. If you were willing to drive in from VT 3-4 times to attend this, it must be worth it. Good luck finding what you want at the show!

15 minutes ago, Jimbo749 said:

I don't remember a Radisson there either. If you were willing to drive in from VT 3-4 times to attend this, it must be worth it. Good luck finding what you want at the show!

I used to live near Albany.  It's 200 miles from northern Vermont.  I won't be attending this year.  :sorry:

5 minutes ago, Jimbo749 said:

@comicdonna  I have an off the wall question about VT... What's up with all the red asphalt? Is there a lot of red clay soil? You don't have to answer, just something that I've always been curious about. 

I have no idea.  I haven't seen any here in northern Vermont.  Most of it here is fertile, brown clay.  More sandy in the Champlain valley.   

8 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

I have no idea.  I haven't seen any here in northern Vermont.  Most of it here is fertile, brown clay.  More sandy in the Champlain valley. 

BTW, My comment wasn't a knock on VT, I've been visiting for years and have even entertained the idea of moving to VT someday.