• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney/Fox Talks
3 3

731 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Bird said:

Dave Bautista Wss the most vocal supporter of gunn when he was dropped from guardians of the galaxy three so it makes sense that gunn would feel some loyalty to him and fit him in his new project

If Bautista is still around after he breaks Stephen Ammell in half after making an innocent comment about DB participating in the next wrestling event. Guess SA didn't realize DB reads Twitter. :insane:

Just now, kimik said:

If they pay him what he wants, why not?

Man, would that teach WB to work a little better with these actors?

All the guy wanted to make sure of is limited tampering if he did Man of Steel 2. I don't blame him wanting to be a producer for the film.

Just now, Bosco685 said:

Man, would that teach WB to work a little better with these actors?

All the guy wanted to make sure of is limited tampering if he did Man of Steel 2. I don't blame him wanting to be a producer for the film.

It goes both ways. He is over-reaching in the request as well. He is an actor, the studio hires the Producer and Director. I am not sure what his qualifications are as a producer, but if he has basically zero big budget producer experience I can't see a studio taking a risk like that. 

In the end, as much as fans may not like it, actors/actresses are commodities that can be replaced.

Just now, TwoPiece said:

There are better choices.

What's after that? Ben Affleck as Mr. Fantastic!?

Why not if the director wants him and he accepts the terms of the contract? 

3 minutes ago, kimik said:

It goes both ways. He is over-reaching in the request as well. He is an actor, the studio hires the Producer and Director. I am not sure what his qualifications are as a producer, but if he has basically zero big budget producer experience I can't see a studio taking a risk like that. 

In the end, as much as fans may not like it, actors/actresses are commodities that can be replaced.

Oh, I know. But look at Margot Robbie. She ended up pushing WB to place her as a producer in Birds of Prey. Not surprised Cavill wanted the same treatment serving in one of the biggest WB/DC roles, again.

Birdsofprey01.PNG.fce2e4645939082c9c3c00b6324380b3.PNG

Edited by Bosco685

Just now, Bosco685 said:

Oh, I know. But look at Margot Robbie. She ended up pushing WB to place her as a producer in Birds of Prey. Not surprised Cavill wanted the same treatment serving in one of the biggest WB/DC roles, again.

Birdsofprey01.PNG.fce2e4645939082c9c3c00b6324380b3.PNG

Cavil <<<< Robbie as far as influence in Hollywood and fan-base. She is an A-list female lead. He is maybe a B-list male actor. 

1 minute ago, kimik said:

Cavil <<<< Robbie as far as influence in Hollywood and fan-base. She is an A-list female lead. He is maybe a B-list male actor. 

Maybe. But after all the attention he received from Mission Impossible, that name was getting plenty of attention.

We'll see what Witcher does for his acting credits.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

If Bautista is still around after he breaks Stephen Ammell in half after making an innocent comment about DB participating in the next wrestling event. Guess SA didn't realize DB reads Twitter. :insane:

“ I’ve mastered the ability of standing so incredibly still , that I’ve become invisible to the eye”

-Stephen Amell after reading Bautista’s reply 

Edited by Old_Man_Adam
Misspell

Did you all feel the change? :insane:

Nearly two years after Disney’s multi-billion dollar deal to acquire key entertainment assets from 21st Century Fox was announced, the Disney-Fox acquisition has been completed to the tune of $71.3 billion. The acquisition wil become effective at 12:02 a.m. Eastern Time March 20, 2019.

21st Century Fox announced that the long-standing deal for the Walt Disney Company to acquire its key assets, including the 20th Century Fox film and TV studio, Fox’s entertainment cable networks, and its international assets, has been completed. Read 21st Century Fox’s statement below:

Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc. (“21CF”) (NASDAQ: TFCFA, TFCF) announced that it has today completed the distribution of all issued and outstanding shares of Fox Corporation (“FOX”) common stock to 21CF stockholders (other than holders of the shares held by subsidiaries of 21CF) on a pro rata basis (the “Distribution”). 21CF and FOX are now each a standalone, publicly traded company. FOX Class A common stock and FOX Class B common stock are now listed on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (“Nasdaq”) under the symbols “FOXA” and “FOX,” respectively. 21CF Class A common stock and 21CF Class B common stock, which were formerly listed on Nasdaq under the symbols “FOXA” and “FOX,” respectively, are now listed on Nasdaq under the symbols “TFCFA” and “TFCF,” respectively.

Edited by Bosco685