• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED......NOVEMBER SALES THREAD
3 3

193 posts in this topic

On 11/12/2017 at 1:10 PM, jimjum12 said:

I did make it clear that the days of me scrambling for bail and such are over after this one. ...... at some point it almost hurts more than it helps. GOD BLESS....

Jim, I took a similar stance on some things with my kids as well.

I told them, at some point I will not bail them out of poor decision making and they will have to learn the hard way.

It's a tough thing for a parent to do but they need to find their own boundaries on their own or they never will.

1 minute ago, VintageComics said:

I told them, at some point I will not bail them out of poor decision making and they will have to learn the hard way.

It's a tough thing for a parent to do but they need to find their own boundaries on their own or they never will.

My son went homeless for a few days after leaving his sober living home. As tough as it was we had to tell him either go back or live on the streets. He went back after 4 days and has been sober and doing well for 5 months. Tough things to have do in life- hang in there!

4 hours ago, Gregd said:
4 hours ago, VintageComics said:

My son went homeless for a few days after leaving his sober living home. As tough as it was we had to tell him either go back or live on the streets. He went back after 4 days and has been sober and doing well for 5 months. Tough things to have do in life- hang in there!

I'll add that it doesn't matter what the issue is with children, the principles are the same.

We're subjective human beings and as subjective people, we have a general tendency to take what we can get and constantly evolve our needs. As adults you learn to choose better with experience but children don't have that experience.

As parents, it's our jobs to teach children their boundaries and those lessons are usually the toughest to teach them but they are also the most rewarding.

Giving in to the wrong things will only reinforce to children that they can push those boundaries and exacerbate the issue.

Holding your ground and sometimes saying no is the toughest thing I've had to do as a parent, but it really is the difference between good parenting and bad parenting, IMO.

Great conversation.

On 11/12/2017 at 10:44 AM, jimjum12 said:

ADVENTURE INTO FEAR 10............................................................9.0.....................................OW/W........................................................$ 50

JDhuQtJ.jpg

I'll take it Jim! Hope everything works out ok for your son! 

If these are still available, Jimbo, please add them as well.

LOVE TALES 58...........................................2.5......................................OW...................................................................$
BATTLEFRONT 36.....................................4.0+................................................OW..............................................$

5 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

If these are still available, Jimbo, please add them as well.

LOVE TALES 58...........................................2.5......................................OW...................................................................$
BATTLEFRONT 36.....................................4.0+................................................OW..............................................$

^^

...Thanks, Sha............. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:51 AM, jimjum12 said:

OUR FIGHTING FORCES 26...........................5.0+...................................OW................................................$ 30

UyguJhN.jpg

:takeit: 

On 11/11/2017 at 12:54 PM, jimjum12 said:

BETTY AND VERONICA ANNUAL 7..................................5.0++..............................................OW........................................................$ 65 .......Some waviness, common with these squarebounds..... classic innuendo cover.

oxs7w44.jpg

:takeit: