North Texas Comic Book Show, February 10-11, Starlin, Secret Wars Reunion
2 2

62 posts in this topic

609 posts

North Texas Comic Book Show Feb 10-11 at the Irving Convention Center. These guys have stepped up their game in the last year. Artists announced so far are:

Jim Starlin

Mike Zeck

John Beatty

Jim Shooter

Joe Rubinstein

Larry Hama

Randy Emberlin

Phil Ortiz

Michael Golden

Dan Fraga

Mike Grell

Al Milgrom

Rags Morales

Ron Wilson

Andrew Mangum

Kyle Hotz

Kevin Conrad

Steve Erwin

Tom Cook

Andrew Mangum

Jeremy Clark

Danita Mangum

Mostafa Moussa 

Ryan Kincaid

Renee Witterstaetter

Info at https:/www.comicbooksdallas.com/

It would be nice to get a CGC Witness at this show.

Edited by spideyfan68
Updated Guest List

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,888 posts

That’s a really nice looking list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
609 posts

So far so good, be nice if they could add Jim Shooter so we  get a Secret Wars reunion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194 posts

Thanks SpideyFan68 for posting the event. Here's a little something to help stuff your turkey:

Secret Wars Reunion

Jim Shooter, Mike Zeck, and John Beatty will be at the February 10th & 11th North Texas Comic Book Show at the Irving Convention Center. Might want to add a tag to the original thread.

Also added:

Mike Grell - Green Arrow, The Warlord, and Jon Sable.

Joe Rubinstein - original Wolverine mini-series and inker on The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe.

A few other possibilities that we hope to announce soon.

We are a dedicated comics event and hope that some of the dealers that have not yet attended will make the trip to Dallas. We would welcome new books in the room for the comic fans that are searching to fill out their collections and keys. 

Looking forward to seeing boardies at the event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,038 posts

@ComicBooksDallasWill there be any cgc facilitators this go around?

 seems like you had cgc this year in Feb for Adam hughes...but not in October for Bagley, just curious, I'm in Dallas just wondering.  Haven't been back to Irving in a minute and would like to ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194 posts
5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@ComicBooksDallasWill there be any cgc facilitators this go around?

 seems like you had cgc this year in Feb for Adam hughes...but not in October for Bagley, just curious, I'm in Dallas just wondering.  Haven't been back to Irving in a minute and would like to ^^

We are not affiliated with the show that had Adam.

We had Perez, Wolfman, Nolan, etc. in January and Mark Bagley, Arthur Suydam, Jay Leisten, Bob Camp, etc. in July. Just an FYI. We did end up having a CGC facilitator at July's show. It was last minute but we got it done. We also had a facilitator in January. We would hope that it will be the same for February's show. The guest list should attract someone. We'll post once we know for sure.

Love to see you in Irving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,038 posts
8 minutes ago, ComicBooksDallas said:

We are not affiliated with the show that had Adam.

We had Perez, Wolfman, Nolan, etc. in January and Mark Bagley, Arthur Suydam, Jay Leisten, Bob Camp, etc. in July. Just an FYI. We did end up having a CGC facilitator at July's show. It was last minute but we got it done. We also had a facilitator in January. We would hope that it will be the same for February's show. The guest list should attract someone. We'll post once we know for sure.

Love to see you in Irving.

Thanks! I must have had my wires crossed. lolgood to hear it will be posted if possible, I didn't hear anything for Bagley so I sat that one out. Anyway, hope to see y'all there :)

And as always thanks for keeping us posted, Awesome line up so far!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
609 posts
2 hours ago, ComicBooksDallas said:

Thanks SpideyFan68 for posting the event. Here's a little something to help stuff your turkey:

Secret Wars Reunion

Jim Shooter, Mike Zeck, and John Beatty will be at the February 10th & 11th North Texas Comic Book Show at the Irving Convention Center. Might want to add a tag to the original thread.

Also added:

Mike Grell - Green Arrow, The Warlord, and Jon Sable.

Joe Rubinstein - original Wolverine mini-series and inker on The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe.

A few other possibilities that we hope to announce soon.

We are a dedicated comics event and hope that some of the dealers that have not yet attended will make the trip to Dallas. We would welcome new books in the room for the comic fans that are searching to fill out their collections and keys. 

Looking forward to seeing boardies at the event.

Great Job on getting Shooter Chris!!!  

Any chance getting Frenz and DeFalco back to one of your shows in the near future? 

Edited by spideyfan68

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,038 posts

Not to be picky or rude, but I'm talking to other's that didn't know there was a facilitator last October till today when you told me and I told them :sorry::fear:

 

Really bummed us out ha. Please in advance cgc facilitator!... we'll give you some business ;)if you read this thread and decide to go please pm. ^^:martini:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194 posts
11 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Not to be picky or rude, but I'm talking to other's that didn't know there was a facilitator last October till today when you told me and I told them :sorry::fear:

 

Really bummed us out ha. Please in advance cgc facilitator!... we'll give you some business ;)if you read this thread and decide to go please pm. ^^:martini:

We will definately post if we get a CGC facilitator. I believe we did for our July show but it was late. We didn't do an October show.

Spideyfan - I keep in touch with them but schedules dictate appearances. Hopefully in the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194 posts

Kyle Hotz, Carnage: It's A Wonderful Life, The Agency, Dark Reign: The Hood, Ghost Rider 2099, Incredible Hulk, and Annihiliation Conquest - Wraith, has been added to the show in February. 

Don't miss the Secret Wars Reunion with Mike Zeck, Jim Shooter, and John Beatty as well.

More info on our website. You can also follow the North Texas Comic Book Show on Facebook and Instagram.5a26a33492c76_FACEBOOKADPROOF.thumb.jpg.ea5d2e7296a763dc862c9ae1a9189078.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,888 posts

Any progress on a SS facilitator? :wishluck:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194 posts
23 hours ago, mysterio said:

Any progress on a SS facilitator? :wishluck:

I believe we will have someone at the event. Permission has been requested and once I get a positive response I will let you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194 posts

Happy holidays! Just in time to fill your stocking. JIM STARLIN has been added to the February show as the only scheduled 2018 Texas appearance. You don't want to miss this rare appearance! Line jumps go on sale Wednesday. 

jimstarlin6.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194 posts

We have added Rags Morales as a featured artist at February's show. Rags has done a boatload of work for DC including Batman Confidential, Identity Crisis, Action Comics, Superman/Batman, and Wonder Woman. Tickets to the event are available online now or at the door. Hope you can make it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194 posts

CGC will have representation. DorkBuzz Comics will be bringing a facilitator.

TOM COOK, animator on He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, The Smurfs, She-Ra Princess of Power, Ghostbusters, and The Kids Super Power Hour with Shazam, has been added as a guest to the North Texas Comic Book Show on February 10th & 11th.

Last guest announcement coming up on Monday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194 posts

RON WILSON, The Thing, Marvel Two In One, Chamber of Chills, Werewolf By Night, and Captain America has been added to the show on February 10th & 11th.

RonWilson3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
454 posts

We are happy to provide CGC services for this event. Feel free to contact us on the boards or send an email to bradd@dorkbuzz.com for information. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194 posts

Two new adds: a rare and special appearance by AL MILGROM and GIGI EDGLEY. So, @mysterio are we going to get you off the couch and into Dallas? I think we've hit a pretty good number of your requested artists plus some.

The lineup is worth a trip from almost everywhere for comic fans. General admission is just $20, kids 11 and under are FREE, and you can tack on early bird entry for a few dollars more. We'll have two fan experience dinners, one with our comic guests and the other with Gigi Edgley. If you can't make a weekend out of this....

CGC will be represented by DorkBuzz.

North Texas Comic Book Show Feb 10-11 at the Irving Convention Center. These guys have stepped up their game in the last year. Artists announced so far are:

Jim Starlin

Al Milgrom

Mike Zeck

John Beatty

Jim Shooter

Ron Wilson

Rags Morales

Joe Rubinstein

Larry Hama

Randy Emberlin

Phil Ortiz

Michael Golden

Tom Cook

Dan Fraga

Kevin Conrad

Andrew Mangum

Info at https://www.comicbooksdallas.com/

 CGC Witness at this show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2