• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's already that time of the year: Show your favs of 2017!
3 3

59 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

you guys set the bar ridiculously high which is commendable but also unnerving at the same time.

I would be embarrassed to share my favorite pickups this year set against what has been posted already.

Hey, this thread is not a contest, all that matters is that this is a place to display something you've picked up that means something to you, you like or have been wanting and share it with the rest of us. Books with their own brand of character are allowed.

Edited by Jaylam

Now that's what I'm talking about. There's some books you rarely see. There are some great runs of post code sci-fi and horror from the 50's that get overlooked. I would almost dare say that some of the screenplays of the Twilight Zone and the Outer Limits from the early 60's were directly or indirectly inspired by some of these stories. 

On December 14, 2017 at 8:15 PM, Drummy said:

Hey all --

Sweet, sweet books here.  I also did a lot of trading, buying, and selling this year to come up with these fantastic four:

FF 1 6.5.jpg

Daredevil 1 7.5.jpg

Journey Into Mystery 83 5.5.jpg

TOS 39 7.0.jpg

Your FF1 looks a 9.2. Very, very nice haul. You love those white pages and crisp edges. Incredible. Have a great holiday. The 6.0 is still the gem of my collection btw! You're the man. 

I knew there was something familar about this cover....

It was revamped for the cover of From Beyond the Unknown #4 which I had when I was about 11 years old. At the time, I didn't realize these were reprinted stories from more than a decade before from titles no longer published. This is the first time I've ever seen the original cover.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg