• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mistake
2 2

83 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Dr Zen said:

That happened to me once. I have never used tape since...

Submariner 1.jpg

according to ygogolak, you're lazy.  Slap some more tape on it and go for it.

13717001?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg

1. Doesn't tear most covers if accidentally contacted with cover.

2. Looks cleaner than clear tape.

3. When used with a flap like ygogolak suggests, tape never has to leave bag.

4. Can be used easily on mylar with no residue (unlike clear tape).

5. Avoids the loose-flap that slides up and out too easily when flipping through books and the loose flap requires more "handling" of book to get down into bag flatly.

ymmv.

I can confirm that there was no tape on any of lizards' books and all flaps were safely tucked away but because he's such a free & easy kinda guy they were easy to pull out. I also greatly enjoyed fingering his newsstand fresh gloss. Mmmmm.....bronzey.

7 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

I can confirm that there was no tape on any of lizards' books and all flaps were safely tucked away but because he's such a free & easy kinda guy they were easy to pull out. I also greatly enjoyed fingering his newsstand fresh gloss. Mmmmm.....bronzey.

You forgot lazy.

Always wondered what horror stories the old school GA collectors who keep them raw have about damaging their comics unintentionally ...like oops I sneezed on my action 1, or cat jumped on my lap while I was reading it, or toddler yanked it outta my hands... etc.

I once made the mistake of loaning some comics to an attractive gal I was interested in. She had no previous experience in comics. She later “returned” them to me by leaving them in an area on the job site I was usually in, as opposed to, you know, personally handing them back to me. Of course the comics never made it back to me and were lost forever. 

In the end I gave her a pass cause she was smoking hot and we ended up dating for a bit. 

She got very into comics and today works as costume designer for Joss Weadon or whatever his name is.

That girl was so sexy. 

Come to think of it, I also loaned her my high end Canon Super 8 camera and she didn’t return the case which she claimed I didn’t give her but I know I did. 

But like I said..   

Edited by NoMan

3 hours ago, NoMan said:

I once made the mistake of loaning some comics to an attractive gal I was interested in. She had no previous experience in comics. She later “returned” them to me by leaving them in an area on the job site I was usually in, as opposed to, you know, personally handing them back to me. Of course the comics never made it back to me and were lost forever. 

In the end I gave her a pass cause she was smoking hot and we ended up dating for a bit. 

She got very into comics and today works as costume designer for Joss Weadon or whatever his name is.

That girl was so sexy. 

Come to think of it, I also loaned her my high end Canon Super 8 camera and she didn’t return the case which she claimed I didn’t give her but I know I did. 

But like I said..   

this story is worthless with pics of this " smoking hot " girl, and that's no excuse for lending comics. Give me comics or give me death.

I have been using tape as far back as the 80's when no one was even thinking about it and until recently I never even gave it a second thought.

Since every Mylite I own has the flap taped and removing it would leave tape residue the tape is staying, replacing 3600 + Mylites to get rid of tape and residue is totally and completely out of the question for me.

Hopefully the new generation of collectors will read this and learn something, but probably not, experience is the best teacher.