• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHow us your Christmas haul
2 2

37 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, larryfk said:

The three on bottom I already had, the three on top were a total Christmas surprise.  I was ranting about all the "first appearances" of this character a few weeks ago, and I guess somebody was listening.

warlock.jpg

hah, that's awesome!

Santa left the bookends for me (the two books are inserted for test purposes; their permanent assignment will be in my office holding my first print, acquired upon release editions of Origins of Marvel Comics, Son of Origins, Bring on the Bad Guys, etc.)

The micro chamber paper is being cut and shipped today!

The Li'Jinx 1-page story was my daughter's haul.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

44 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Santa left the bookends for me (the two books are inserted for test purposes; their permanent assignment will be in my office holding my first print, acquired upon release editions of Origins of Marvel Comics, Son of Origins, Bring on the Bad Guys, etc.)

The micro chamber paper is being cut and shipped today!

The Li'Jinx 1-page story was my daughter's haul.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

REAlly love those hulk thing bookends just awesome 

It was an embarrassment of riches this year.

Christmas_Gifts.jpg

Santa brought us the Tarzan DVD set as well as the LIS calendar; we've had a vintage Marvel one the last few years.

Christmas_Shirts.jpg

The missus got my son and I matching Hulk vs. Thor shirts; the Gargantuas t-shirt is his from us.

Christmas_Comics.jpg

He also got a Civil War shortbox for his funnybooks plus a few new ones.

Christmas_Kaiju.jpg

Plus an insane amount of kaiju guys.

So my buddy Dom (who some of you have bought books from through me) bought a small collection of art, and in it was this sketch drawing of Black Bolt (one of my favorite characters) which I had told him was pretty cool...he surprised me and gave it to me for a Christmas present for helping him sell some of his books through here...

:cloud9:

Done by Raphael Kayanan

blackboltsketch.jpg.JPG

Edited by rube11

On 12/28/2017 at 11:39 PM, KryptoMayor said:

My wife bought this one for me and I was totally surprised. The Stan Lee Signature :headbang: but this Spidey piece also reflects the Twin Towers in his eyes :cloud9:. Just an awesome piece with a lot of significance. 

E08DD02F-336A-47AE-93A4-315A763C21FB.jpeg

Very cool

Dawn variant covers and TPBs from my wife. Dawn books were a good find, all three came from the same box of "former wall books" that never sold at the LCS. Batman/TMNT hardcover was full price, HQ + SW TPBs were $5/each. Bruce Lee TPB, signed by Jeff Kline. Video games purchased with Christmas gift card.

5a4cf6fe5abf3_DawnCovers.thumb.jpg.e13e9d35d928b89a2522cd68ec1c9c0b.jpg

5a4cf71d3db96_TPB1.thumb.jpg.c4090d38a3c9058e72396abcb3b702ec.jpg5a4cf730b028f_TPB2.thumb.jpg.82aeaa68b4518a3bad1f5353b9e5008e.jpg

Games.thumb.jpg.c89649885515b0bd32bccd60c07936c1.jpg

2 hours ago, Hudson said:

This is one of two books my wife bought me for Christmas. 

I have not taken a photo of the other yet.

Also received a few other books (not yet photographed).

Superman 36 (2).jpeg

Love those classic superman covers that did not rely on any action and rather a comedic side of him (thumbsu nice 

Edited by Aliens