• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What am I missing here?

8 posts in this topic

I rarely pop into the Bronze forum so if this has been posted, apologies.  I stumbled across this Ebay listing - 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hanna-Barbera-Scooby-Doo-Where-Are-You-Vintage-Comic-Book-No-1-Fine-Condition/263407237643?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

I have 3 copies of the book with to mid grade slabbed and thought goodness have my copies jumped that much in value but a quick check of other auctions and GPA shows otherwise.  The description of the listing says VG/F although it grade higher and does appear to have good gloss and color but a mid grade raw copy already over $1K (shrug)

Probably because it doesn't simply look better than a VG/F it looks a LOT better than a VG/F and nothing written in the description indicates that there is an issue holding it back from a higher grade. Hell, it looks better than every other copy listed on eBay including the slabbed 7 and 8. The cover really pops and looking at the bidding the seller has found at least one very determined bidder along with several other interested parties. 

Ya but look at the shipping price ??? 

Is it possible it will be shipped out "media mail"? or some such...

that is a low shipping cost, but the dealer has great feedback! I guess I'm missing something as well.... (shrug)

6 hours ago, darkstar said:

Probably because it doesn't simply look better than a VG/F it looks a LOT better than a VG/F and nothing written in the description indicates that there is an issue holding it back from a higher grade. Hell, it looks better than every other copy listed on eBay including the slabbed 7 and 8. The cover really pops and looking at the bidding the seller has found at least one very determined bidder along with several other interested parties. 

The staining on the back cover bottom edge and rust migration will definitely hold it down to about Fine + even in that overall condition and the title description says Fine so someone obviously thinks the seller is under grading it and will be sadly mistaken once they win it.

On 12/30/2017 at 12:54 PM, telerites said:

I rarely pop into the Bronze forum so if this has been posted, apologies.  I stumbled across this Ebay listing - 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hanna-Barbera-Scooby-Doo-Where-Are-You-Vintage-Comic-Book-No-1-Fine-Condition/263407237643?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

:whatthe:

Was super excited about my 4.0 copy for a second there.......:tonofbricks:

Edited by THE_BEYONDER