• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

REVEAL THREAD-2017 HOLIDAY RAFFLE
7 7

108 posts in this topic

I chose the CGC books from Brian aka lonetree. He wanted to send me some bonus books and asked me about ma collecting preferences. I told him that I like Adi Granov, Adam Hughes and Dave Stevens amongst others, and he knocked it out of the park with those books. I didn't have any of them yet.

IMG_4674.jpg

My wife and I got home from picking up our son from school yesterday, and we noticed a big box on the front porch. My wife says, "Oh cool, look. That dresser I ordered came in." And I was like, "Um, actually, I think that might be another box of comics from Dwayne." 

1 hour ago, Reno McCoy said:

My wife and I got home from picking up our son from school yesterday, and we noticed a big box on the front porch. My wife says, "Oh cool, look. That dresser I ordered came in." And I was like, "Um, actually, I think that might be another box of comics from Dwayne." 

That should be it (thumbsu

45 minutes ago, Reno McCoy said:

I was trying to wait to open Wayne's 2nd box until this afternoon, but screw that. I've got the patience of a child. 

This box contains a huge stack of reading material across various ages of comics. Some Sin City I haven't read, some super hero books, even a few Conans I've read but will likely read again now that I have them sitting here. I actually already read the Secret Wars II book this morning. I have fond memories of the series from when I was a kid, but holy smokes, that is one terrible comic. But I still love it. Well, not really, but yeah, totally do. 

There was also a comic with a cool female Boba Fett cover (never seen it before, but man, I certainly like it), a Walking Dead variant/reprint of issue 1, some comic with a booty right in your face, and a Giant-Size Super-Heroes 1 that looks dang nice!

Of course, the real doozy here is the Forbidden Worlds 71. I mean, who sends a slabbed copy of Forbidden Worlds for a raffle? Dwayne's crazy! Crazy awesome! I can't wait to crack the slab and read it. I'll do that tonight. Maybe I'll let me son have it. He loves robots! hm

Just kidding. That Forbidden Worlds will stay sealed in my collection for awhile, no question. :)

2Raffle1.jpg

2Raffle3.jpg

2Raffle5.jpg

Hey that Secret Wars issue is the first appearance of Boom Boom :sumo:

lol

I was in Orlando for work and got back Thursday night to find a box from W16227 (Dave). The X-Men #78 alone is a beauty but he also sent some bonus books! First sketch cover book for me. The JLA vs Suicide Squad looks like a good read. Plus, some variants. Thanks again Dave!

IMG_2545.JPG

5 minutes ago, smithdatura said:

Opened up my package from Dale/@frozentundraguy on the weekend and was loving it!  I was actually SS to Dale in the holiday exchange so we had already exchanged a few PMs ahead of the raffle and were sharing our mutual appreciation of Silver DC, particularly Superman and Batman titles.  While the raffle prize I won from him was technically the Showcase and Flash book, he made a great offering even better by including three bonus Superman SA books and a very cool HG copy of Jungle Comics No. 1 - as I mentioned to him, I absolutely need more Dave Stevens work in my collection!

image3.thumb.JPG.044b41fa8d841816ae7870a9640afc14.JPG

I'm really looking forward to reading the Action 354 "Captain Incredible" story in particular, since for some reason I recall that cover from a DC house ad in some old book I read as a kid and it always stuck with me.  Something about the power of Superman's punch that Swan illustrates so beautifully and the complete non-selling of it that annoying kid does is so striking... although now that I'm older, I have to admit my eye tends to wander back to that Stevens cover... lol

Anyhow, thanks again, Dale - truly a great raffle prize!

Great to hear you liked them. (thumbsu His parcel was supposed to have arrived on January 4, but due to the large storm out east it was delayed several days. Luckily he had the good fortune to be out of the country at that moment & did eventually receive his books!!

13 minutes ago, greggy said:

That's three more than I've sent so far

Not sure if you are serious or not...but I haven't finished sending my stuff yet. :p My (poor) excuse is that I am shipping international and I struggled to find a balance that worked for me. Eventually I did and now one is off and at least one more to go. I am waiting on some usps priority supplies that have shipped to me but not arrived to form the second package and will then decide if I am done or not.

Just now, Bird said:

Not sure if you are serious or not...but I haven't finished sending my stuff yet. :p My (poor) excuse is that I am shipping international and I struggled to find a balance that worked for me. Eventually I did and now one is off and at least one more to go. I am waiting on some usps priority supplies that have shipped to me but not arrived to form the second package and will then decide if I am done or not.

OH, I'm serious but I always take my time cuz I'm really really lazy