• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Terry’s California Comic Con 2018
8 8

255 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

What are the odds that on Monday on Facebook there will be a viral post about some forgetful guy who got mixed up while getting ready to go to a comic convention and put his beer in a trunk and his comics in an ice chest.

(shrug)  On the way out of a convention doh!

Is there a time frame for walk through submissions at a one-day show like this, and should I have a form filled out already? Also, can you drop off books you want pressed and shipped back, or are these situations just for on site grading? Thanks, I'd post this in the ask CGC forum, but last time I did something like that I never got a reply.

2 hours ago, rjpb said:

Is there a time frame for walk through submissions at a one-day show like this, and should I have a form filled out already? Also, can you drop off books you want pressed and shipped back, or are these situations just for on site grading? Thanks, I'd post this in the ask CGC forum, but last time I did something like that I never got a reply.

no, yes, yes, no

:foryou:

22 hours ago, rjpb said:

There's no on-site grading at this show.  CGC will be there and you can drop off books to them.  The only real benefit here is that you save on shipping costs to CGC and they can help you fill out the forms.

2 hours ago, dem1138 said:

There's no on-site grading at this show.  CGC will be there and you can drop off books to them.  The only real benefit here is that you save on shipping costs to CGC and they can help you fill out the forms.

Thanks, that's what I needed to know. I will probably do that then for a few books.

Hey, hope you guys all have a good time this weekend, and good hunting!

Of all the cons, this is the one I'd most like to attend. Well, if we move back to the US in two years maybe I'll get to go.

22 hours ago, dem1138 said:

...and Cynthia will be manning the booth. 

I am coming for the first time.  Bringing a few short boxes of my better silvetish under copies of dc marvel.  Atom 1  daredevil 2 .  Always looking for a trade for.missing four colors. Also bringing all of my extra four colors down to 30  

I will look,  but  since most of these books  came as trades  they are often   someone else's  as well as my under copy.  Only a few  F  or better.

OTOH  many of the Marvel and dc's  are in the mid to high grade range