• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Living large on Stan’s dime!
2 2

92 posts in this topic

STAN LEE

SOMEONE STOLE $850K FROM ME TO BUY CONDO!! 

Stan Lee Says Someone Stole $850k from Him to Buy a Condo

EXCLUSIVE

0104-stan-lee-tmz-4.jpg

The investigation into how Stan Lee's bank account got swindled out of $300k has gotten even more bizarre -- it appears someone also used the comic book legend's money to buy a freakin' condo.

Sources close to the Marvel Comics legend tell TMZ ... someone recently plunked down $850k of Stan's dough to buy a condo in WeHo. Neither Stan nor his financial team approved it. We're told the revelation came to light after his team rolled out a full audit following a recent check forgery for $300k.

As we reported ... Stan filed a report with Beverly Hills PD claiming someone forged the check as a loan from Stan's bank account to the merchandising company, Hands of Respect.

We're told the condo purchase smells a lot like the check forgery. Cops are continuing to investigate.

3 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
5 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

best $200 bucks that guy ever spent at a convention

Did it have the authentic sticker though? If not, the bank shouldn't have cashed it.

nah-- the bank accepts it when they see he signed over the amount is black sharpie

13 hours ago, oakman29 said:
13 hours ago, ygogolak said:

How much money do you have to to not notice $850k missing?

That was my first thought too! lol

When I used to work in HR, one of the employees came in one day and said he just discovered he hadn't got a check in the past three months or so.

It turns out he had gotten drunk when traveling, and passed out before he could get his motel door closed.  Someone rolled him, and obtained his bank card pin out of his wallet, and started making withdrawals from his account.  So he moved the money to a new bank account, without notifying HR about the change.  Since his checks had been electronically deposited in the old account, they just started to bounce back to Treasury, which at that time only did like quarterly audits on unclaimed funds.

The interesting thing about this to me is none of our jobs made anyone rich.  I couldn't believe any of them (or me) could go three months without a paycheck and not notice.  Most employees would be squealing the first payperiod without a check.  I didn't know much about the guy, but I assumed then that he was independently wealthy in some manner, and was just working as a hobby of some sort.

3 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:
13 hours ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

Do you think he PAYS for things in signatures??

Yes. It's called checks

Kids these days..., :eyeroll:

16 minutes ago, IntoAnother said:

Cops are continuing to investigate.”

:popcorn:

Derr...., I don't know, but maybe the owner of the condo?  Naah....,  

Image result for chief wiggum jpg

4 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Yes. It's called checks

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

What's a check? (shrug)

In the UK, we use cheques instead.