• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bought a raw "unrestored" comic from a boardie and it's come back Qualified
1 1

253 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, greggy said:

As expected, the CGC grade was lower than advertised cuz that seller can't grade properly.

xoxo

greggy

In my opinion, he just assigns the grades as they were sold to him.  I got a lot purchase from him, and the mylars were from all over with stickers, some with grades on them, and receipts stuffed in.   I think he purchased a lot of his stuff from the old mail order from a catalog days.  If you look at the scans, you can usually see the grades are off.

But you're right - he doesn't know how to grade by today's standards.

Just now, lizards2 said:

In my opinion, he just assigns the grades as they were sold to him.  I got a lot purchase from him, and the mylars were from all over with stickers, some with grades on them, and receipts stuffed in.   I think he purchased a lot of his stuff from the old mail order from a catalog days.  If you look at the scans, you can usually see the grades are off.

But you're right - he doesn't know how to grade by today's standards.

I hate lazy dealers who assign the same grades that they purchased them at even though it's recent.

Especially on stuff that you know is way off.  

I can guarantee if the seller undergraded, they won't be using that grade.

xoxo

greggy

3 minutes ago, greggy said:

Oh yeah, to save people time and for the search impaired, it's AtlasFan.

You'll only pretty well see him in the sales forum.

xoxo

greggy - trouble maker

Based on his grading, I suspect he is not very good at detecting resto either.  I think most of his books were purchased years ago and he simply owned it married all these years.

49 minutes ago, greggy said:

I hate lazy dealers who assign the same grades that they purchased them at even though it's recent.

xoxo

greggy

Just so everyone knows.... I sent in one other raw book from the same seller.  A TOS 36 that he graded as a 8.0-8.5 when I bought it.  It came back from CGC as an 8.5.  So I was very happy with that one.

41 minutes ago, greggy said:

xoxo

greggy

Do you really think he's a dealer?  From what I got he is just a fan selling his collection off.

Many people here use the last guy who sold it to them's name and grade, which to me, often indicates they don't agree with it.

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

Do you really think he's a dealer?  From what I got he is just a fan selling his collection off.

Many people here use the last guy who sold it to them's name and grade, which to me, often indicates they don't agree with it.

He's a dealer cuz that's all he seems to do on this board.

xoxo

greggy

25 minutes ago, greggy said:
27 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

He's a dealer cuz that's all he seems to do on this board.

xoxo

greggy

Lots of guys like that on here.  Also some BSDs, who also can't grade, and can't be arsed to even take the books out the bags.

13 hours ago, greggy said:

Oh yeah, to save people time and for the search impaired, it's AtlasFan.

You'll only pretty well see him in the sales forum.

xoxo

greggy - trouble maker

You forgot the @ before the boardies name.  You gonna correct that?  Otherwise you're just a big tease trouble maker.

How nice to see my name mentioned in the same breath as COMIC-KEYS... lets throw in Charles Manson and Jeffery Dahmer as well.

If anyone who has a problem with one of my books, feel free to contact me directly.

I have not been on the boards for a while, but I reckon the last post mentioning my name triggered some email notification.

Good Lord..what a bunch of old ladies clucking away... is this the most interesting thing you guys have to discuss?

9 minutes ago, AtlasFan said:

How nice to see my name mentioned in the same breath as COMIC-KEYS... lets throw in Charles Manson and Jeffery Dahmer as well.

If anyone who has a problem with one of my books, feel free to contact me directly.

I have not been on the boards for a while, but I reckon the last post mentioning my name triggered some email notification.

Good Lord..what a bunch of old ladies clucking away... is this the most interesting thing you guys have to discuss?

The OP stated in his first post he did contact you but received no reply.  In so far as you not being on the boards, well you may not have posted in a bit but have certainly been actively logged in(it is displayed on profile) with your account.  One would presume you would have seen his message.

Altlas Fan,

You my not remember this but back when we were kids, 1977 I think, I traded two packs of bubble yum (no spider eggs) with you for a Hulk 181, haven't looked at it since, but you failed to mention the MVS is missing. Just got it back from CGC.