• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I got Robbed
3 3

116 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

Am I the only person still confused?

Nope.

So, did the comic store have them or track them down again and call the RCMP to facilitate the hand over?

Still trying to figure this one out too.

Regardless, if the books were stolen, glad to see them back in the hands of the rightful owner.

5 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Stolen books were returned.  Beyond that it's a bit strange but I'm going with "Inspector Clouseau solved the case" 

Yea I was told by the store Owner and the Police they were SOLD. Even the officer said.That's what they told me too. So I have no clue as to if they were lying or they tracked them ALL down? I was just told to pick them up ASAP And the police are done with this. so That's what I'm left with.

3 hours ago, Pontoon said:

Am I the only person still confused?

Not. at all.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Am I the only person who is sorry they clicked onto this thread...??

4 hours ago, DustinRidgen said:

Well, Yesterday I received a call from the RCMP saying he had my books,And to call him right away. I went to meet him last night and He said. "The comic store wants you to have your books back". They are done with me and my "Facebook Friends" He told me "This ends here, The comic store is done with the whole situation" He said he didnt know how I did it or how people from all over the world responded to this situation. So last night I was given all of my books stolen. I wanna thank you all for the support! Its been one hell of a roller coaster.

So they hadn't sold them, they were just holding on to them?

2 hours ago, jaeldubyoo said:

Too many questions and not enough answers. At least the OP got his comics back.

Yeah.  Don't think the comic store did themselves any favors keeping silent, but since the rightful owner has possession of them now, we can just walk away like we watched a movie with a nonsensical ending.

9 hours ago, DustinRidgen said:

Well, Yesterday I received a call from the RCMP saying he had my books,And to call him right away. I went to meet him last night and He said. "The comic store wants you to have your books back". They are done with me and my "Facebook Friends" He told me "This ends here, The comic store is done with the whole situation" He said he didnt know how I did it or how people from all over the world responded to this situation. So last night I was given all of my books stolen. I wanna thank you all for the support! Its been one hell of a roller coaster.

Glad that you got your books back. However... the burning question still remains ... did the books went “sold”or were never from the start?  Whatever, as it is - the matter is closed at the point. But I still don’t like how it played out.

Must had been some hell of your “Facebook Friends” , as the comic store call that, to put this situation to rest.  I wouldn’t want to know who they are.  They aren’t on my FB list anyway. (: 

Seems kind of odd that the RCMP would simply close the case because the stolen property got returned.  Perhaps this is simply a case of them not taking things seriously because the property in question is a bunch of comic books?

If someone stole my car for a few months and then it was mysteriously returned, I'd still want the thief caught and dealt with appropriately.

11 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

I do however feel like the comic store is the one left out in the cold.  But hopefully their insurance can cover them.

I don't think a comic shop's insurance would cover them at all for comics that they bought, and later found out were stolen. Only thing that makes any sense is that the Surrey comix store held the stolen comics hoping they would get some funds or a reward for them from Justin (doubt any of these 8 Cgc comics were insured by Justin) else the shop gets squat except for a possible retraction of nasty FaceBook trolling from Justin's FaceBook buddies that the cop specifically mentioned. B|

I found out a bunch more about this.    Nobody should be feeling sorry for OP, trust me.    That's all I'm going to say publicly, but the store did right.

Edited by Bronty

56 minutes ago, Bronty said:

I found out a bunch more about this.    Nobody should be feeling sorry for OP, trust me.    That's all I'm going to say publicly, but the store did right.

Thanks for the update Dan.  Bronty is a boardie I trust implicitly.  Hell, I'd even let him date my sister.....