• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink 2018 Show 'em if you got 'em
13 13

897 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, paperheart said:
9 hours ago, lizards2 said:

0-3 here. :banana: 

0-5 ending a solid month of 0 for: Clink, Heritage, Ped - ta da!

Congrats!  banana024.gif

3 hours ago, LordRahl said:

Prices were VERY strong on stuff I was watching. Placed 1 bid but ended up being the underbidder on the Curator ASM 23. Given my bid was double GPA, I was a little surprised I didn't win. Especially since it's not an upgrade candidate.

A couple rebuttals to your valuation comments on ASM 23 . First off, the double GPA you are referencing is over two years old, not exactly accurate in this market. I also think this is an upgrade candidate, maybe with just a straight resub. Old label with White pages,unless there's something askew on the Back Cover this is a superior copy for a 9.4 . Looks news stand fresh to me. For this era of the Silver Age, the Curator pedigree ranks near the top.

2 minutes ago, lhcomics said:

Awesome. When I take the family out this weekend I'll tell them this really nice Canadian paid for dinner. Should have got white pages. 

:cry:

3 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

A couple rebuttals to your valuation comments on ASM 23 . First off, the double GPA you are referencing is over two years old, not exactly accurate in this market. I also think this is an upgrade candidate, maybe with just a straight resub. Old label with White pages,unless there's something askew on the Back Cover this is a superior copy for a 9.4 . Looks news stand fresh to me. For this era of the Silver Age, the Curator pedigree ranks near the top.

I agree, Curators are the best but I checked the graders notes on this one. Stain back cover and dent lower front cover spine that breaks color (you can kind of see it). The stain alone will keep it out of upgrade territory and pressing won't help it either. Still a beauty of a book and why I was willing to go to $6K but someone wanted it more.

Now at 0 for 3 this auction. Was the underbidder on the 1 book I was targeting (it went for almost 3x GPA).

Looks like valiantman's assessment of November as the best month to sell is spot on.

19 minutes ago, bc said:

Now at 0 for 3 this auction. Was the underbidder on the 1 book I was targeting (it went for almost 3x GPA).

Looks like valiantman's assessment of November as the best month to sell is spot on.

I don't know, the Hangman 3 went for a lot less than the one that sold this summer. The Batman 139 6.0 went lower than expected, The Marvel Mystery 50 went for just a little over Overstreet and that's a really great cover, I've been trying not to bid on a lot of stuff that was not on my list but went low, it seems to be up and down. I have 4 books listed, the first time I'm selling on there, and so far I'm not anywhere close to breaking even on what I paid for them.

Some of the prices were high, but some are very low. I'm kicking myself for not bidding on the MM 50.

12 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I don't know, the Hangman 3 went for a lot less than the one that sold this summer. The Batman 139 6.0 went lower than expected, The Marvel Mystery 50 went for just a little over Overstreet and that's a really great cover, I've been trying not to bid on a lot of stuff that was not on my list but went low, it seems to be up and down. I have 4 books listed, the first time I'm selling on there, and so far I'm not anywhere close to breaking even on what I paid for them.

Some of the prices were high, but some are very low. I'm kicking myself for not bidding on the MM 50.

Sorry to hear, hopefully your other lots do well!

That MMC50 was very nice, I also wished I threw a bid in on that one.

Yea, where is that thread analyzing

1 hour ago, bc said:

Where is that thread? Tried searching but no luck...thanks.

20 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I'm a buyer so can you tell me the best month to buy?  :popcorn:

Basically, it is the month's when people don't have money.