• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New book goes into bank safe deposit box, one must leave. YOU DECIDE!!
3 3

55 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Transplant said:

14 hours ago, NoMan said:

In addition, my second hobby (or 4th, really) is Bank Safe Deposit Boxes so I very much enjoy the ambience of a good Bank Safe Deposit Box area.

Wut?

IMG_5284.JPG

This is actually a pretty fun thread and if you have ever owned a safety deposit box, you can relate.  I've got a number of safety deposit boxes, each holding about 50 slabs. When a new book comes in that is bank worthy I have to decide what to move. What works for me is keeping the most difficult to replace books in the bank, regardless of the value.

9 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

This is actually a pretty fun thread and if you have ever owned a safety deposit box, you can relate.  I've got a number of safety deposit boxes, each holding about 50 slabs. When a new book comes in that is bank worthy I have to decide what to move. What works for me is keeping the most difficult to replace books in the bank, regardless of the value.

Not trying to be a stickler, but, it's technically called a "safe" deposit box, not "safety" deposit box. Sorry, just trying to keep a learning atmosphere here.

11 hours ago, oakman29 said:

I would abandon the safe deposit box, and enjoy them at home any time you want.

Agreed. I know everyone has a different definition of what is valuable to them, but none of those books feel ( to me at least ) like they would require being stored away in a bank (shrug)

3 hours ago, NoMan said:

Not trying to be a stickler, but, it's technically called a "safe" deposit box, not "safety" deposit box. Sorry, just trying to keep a learning atmosphere here.

For those of trying to learn this new hobby, I thank you.

23 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

Agreed. I know everyone has a different definition of what is valuable to them, but none of those books feel ( to me at least ) like they would require being stored away in a bank (shrug)

Unless, eg, maybe he actually has room for 10 slabs, and is modest to the point he doesn't want to mention the tenth book that prompted box is an Action #1 

4 minutes ago, grebal said:

Unless, eg, maybe he actually has room for 10 slabs, and is modest to the point he doesn't want to mention the tenth book that prompted box is an Action #1 

It's possible. But personally I would invest in a safe as opposed to leaving them in a bank. If I had books in a bank it would feel more like a commodity as opposed to something I loved, but that's just me 2c

3 hours ago, grebal said:

Once a lawyer, always a lawyer. Hunten’ all conceivable angles.

is it  ever like Perry Mason in court?: you call a witness that nobody expects and everyone  gasps and turns as the court room doors burst open.  Guess not, couldn’t do discovery then or something like that. ?? 

The irony doesn’t escape me that I type this while on a TeeVee set asking you if TeeVee is real .

Edited by NoMan