• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Incredible Hulk #181 - is it *that* red-hot?
17 17

1,923 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, GAMBIT said:
54 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

I need to get in touch with Doc and Marty and get me back to the future

Amazing, $3 for a Hulk 181 back in 79

Book was only 25 cents about 5 years prior lol

So was X94 just 4 years prior but it was 15 according to that catalog. I guess it goes to show that Wolverine didn't quite take off before the Frank Miller '82 series 

4 hours ago, Getoutandstayout said:

How do you do that? I'd like to see what people are actually paying vs. what outrageous prices people are asking.

There is a button to click to chose sold, it's on the bar at the left of the page for listings... it may be hidden on a tablet, but there is a menu button top left...

Make sure after clicking the sold button, that the completed button gets clicked as well...

On 9/13/2019 at 5:22 AM, csaag said:

In addition to ebay, you can go to watchcount.Com and use their sold items link to track ebay sales.  They have a 'sold items'  checkbook then to differentiate  between sales vs listing which finished without a sale

Ebay made some changes, so a lot of the "best offer" prices aren't showing.  Watchcount.com even says they don't show "Best Offer" anymore. http://www.watchcount.com/completed.php

On 5/4/2019 at 3:15 PM, Chaos_in_Canada said:

Very nice! :golfclap:

Except for being pressed, the (blue) distributor spray, and the yellowing front/back cover. :baiting:

Untitled181+80.jpg

I’d be pretty upset if I received this 9.6. It’s yellowing big time And the blue overspray and yellowing back really bug me. I’ve seen 8.5 books that look better.  

On 9/11/2019 at 4:06 PM, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:
On 9/11/2019 at 10:38 AM, aardvark88 said:

Flashback to Doug Sulipa's 1979 'Comic World' mail order catalog:

Hulk #181 nm $3

What If #1  hot $ 7 :baiting:

X-men #94 nm $15.

I need to get in touch with Doc and Marty and get me back to the future

Amazing, $3 for a Hulk 181 back in 79

WTF..........now I know I definitely got hosed when I had to forked over $5 big ones for my wall copy back then.  :mad:  :censored:

7 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Well, I guess the lack of the CVA Exceptional sticker must have really hurt this copy here as it sold for about $27,500 less than the one with the sticker that managed to fetched $59K on CL back in January of this year.  :screwy:

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Well, I guess the lack of the CVA Exceptional sticker must have really hurt this copy here as it sold for about $27,500 less than the one with the sticker that managed to fetched $59K on CL back in January of this year.  :screwy:

Yeah, but the $59k also had white pages...

52 minutes ago, carefulsum said:
2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yeah, but the $59k also had white pages...

Yeah, and as we all know what Jay would say.............if only it didn't have the dreaded white pages, it would have hit $70K without any problems at all.  lol

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Never run auctions in Nov/Dec, Sellers will always walk away disappointed, Record sales usually happen in the winter months. I remember last year people were complaining about their results from the CL featured auction last Nov.  Better off holding out until after the 1st of the year.