• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The WE LOVE Stan Lee thread!
3 3

203 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Canadiancomics said:

image.jpeg.213730366e4f19ad4bd472f828b71cd0.jpeg

image.jpeg.578676da48c8b551929854dbf0b046fa.jpegimage.jpeg.f2c9aa664ade5a593e5c401b27b0a80d.jpegimage.jpeg.f06df261ddc57e198371a04d06951eac.jpegCame across these signatures from SVCC, the sad part is they're all real... These are just unrecognizable, except the last one where stan signed over Jack Kirby's signature and was literally drawing circles on the cover before being corrected by his handlers. What happened to all of his last appearance announcements in 2016? Every con he attended was claimed his last, but I figure that was all bull ...

Four Awesome Comic Books, totally ruined.   

4 hours ago, gadzukes said:

The people in line are people who love Stan.  Anyone with a sense of humanity standing in that line should step up and say something to the organizers or handlers. That video looked bad to me.... am I over reacting or seeing something that's not really there?

I wasn't referring to the people waiting in line to spend a moment with Stan. His fans who love him. I was referring to whomever the vultures are that keep pushing him to make money. Does he need it? or do they?

24 minutes ago, Humantop said:

nearly died at this.. 

Oh, what an improvement. I always hated that cover until now. In the back of my mind, I knew it needed something; that it was missing some beautifying element to really make it pop. Something that was simply left off. Now I know what it was. :idea:  

:jokealert: 

Bon voyage, AF 15.  :pullhair:

8 hours ago, Mercury Man said:
11 hours ago, Canadiancomics said:

image.jpeg.f2c9aa664ade5a593e5c401b27b0a80d.jpegCame across these signatures from SVCC, the sad part is they're all real... These are just unrecognizable, except the last one where stan signed over Jack Kirby's signature and was literally drawing circles on the cover before being corrected by his handlers. What happened to all of his last appearance announcements in 2016? Every con he attended was claimed his last, but I figure that was all bull ...

Four Awesome Comic Books, totally ruined. 

It looks like the Avengers #4 was signed on the bag, so that one was spared at least. Maybe the only time it was lucky to get a $150 autograph on the bag instead of the book. 

This clearly needs to stop. 

5 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Oh, what an improvement. I always hated that cover until now. In the back of my mind, I knew it needed something; that it was missing some beautifying element to really make it pop. Something that was simply left off. Now I know what it was. :idea:  

:jokealert: 

Bon voyage, AF 15.  :pullhair:

I mean that is one expensive book and then he signed on spidey's head.. He probably didnt do it intetntionally though since he has weak eye sight etc, he should retire..

On 1/26/2018 at 11:24 PM, 01TheDude said:

that is not what they wrote-- they said he did that (hug) for one girl who was battling cancer. Though the hand shake is more than I understand he usually will do and spideyfein seems to be saying he got to shake hands with Stan.

Depends on the circumstances. This is from 3 years ago and my heart is sad to see how things have gone down hill lately, but that is what age will do to you. I got to spend most of the day with him and it was a lot of fun. Even then you could tell the age was starting to take it's toll (but he was certainly still a feisty little gentleman!) Max was pushy yet understanding. I didn't see Max do anything inappropriate the whole day and I was literally 6in from Stan the whole time. He could have been a little more understanding of Stan's age, sure, but they were trying to get through the hundreds of guys standing in line wanting signatures before Stan just couldn't do it anymore and Stan understood and was down with that drill. They've done it many times before. I do think that now is past the time for that to continue. I've watched his new handlers at work and I'm not one bit happy with the situation.

I'm very thankful I got the opportunity that I did and I wish that the last conversations in Stan's sunset days were regarding how happy he is and how wonderful he is doing instead of what they are -- conversations about the various sad ways he's being taken advantage of. 

Does anyone know if his daughter is just rich and stupid or actually mentally challenged? These things would never happen to my daddy, and if there was any idea that something like this was happening I would have someone buried in my backyard REAL quick!

20180411_101104.jpg

20180411_100919.jpg

Edited by Betty-Bates

I am so sorry I have been away and could not check my CGC account and yes I was just about to say the same due to the horrible things they are saying about how he is being treated to sign is cruel and this thread should be closed so for that reason I am ending it I am so sorry it is horrible what they are doing to him and I must say I love Stan lee I always have I started this chat really just to see other people signed books (bad ones) and I have had chats were I say let's see your stan lee cgc books I love him and collect his siagntures and have been fortunate to meet him multiple times, he is funny and all together lovely I love stan lee. I do feel this thread does not have to be took down and rather reintroduced as a give stan love thread so that is what I am going to do, if you really feel this thread should be closed say so and I will close it if anyone eels it disrespects stan... this thread was never to discriminate stan it was to discriminate the stupid handlers who force him to sign thousands of books and that why he signs in "bad" places... so let's honor stan "the man" lee 

Edited by Aliens