• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good vs Evil - a second annual sales thread for Roshni
4 4

154 posts in this topic

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:44 PM, comicdonna said:

:news:  SOLD!  Lot of 3 hard cover books.  $75 shipped to the US only.  A nice lot of books for a great cause. 

Superman Archives #1

Superman from the 30's to the 70's

The golden age of DC comics 365 days.  This book is heavy (about 800 pages)  It's really cool, too.  When you open it, both pages you see represents 1 day.  There's a paragraph on the left page about the Character, artist ect, and the right page has a scan of part of a cover or interior art.   You won't be disappointed with this book. 

hc%20books%20004.jpg

hc%20books%20005_1.jpg

:news:  SOLD!  Reduced to $60 shipped.  Somebody please buy these nice books.  This is a great cause.  A little money goes a long way in their country. 

Edited by comicdonna

A spooktacular reader's lot of scary books! With some HG BA horror thrown in, too! 

First up, two well-read copies of EC Archvies Shock SuspenStories V1 & V2. These are the Gemstone additions. Solid copies, but the binding at the very end of each book is slightly coming loose.

Next up is Creepy 139, a VF copy, all Alex Toth reprint issue, with a cover inexplicably by Rudy Nebres.  Great Archie Goodwin/Alex Toth stories in here!

Four Color Fear, published by Fantagraphics. I was so terrified by this book, I dropped it and bent the upper right-hand corner! A great reprint of PCH, featuring Crandall, Powell, Wolverton, Kremer, Katz. Kubert, Nostrand and more!

A lot of Gemstone EC reprint books -- ShockSuspense 13 &14, Vault of Horror 13,14,15, and Tales from the Crypt 19 and 20. 

Finally, some Bronze Age Marvel horror --

Chamber of Darkness 6 (VF), 7 (Wrightson cover, VF) and 8 (Wrightson cover VF)

Tower of Shadows 1 (Steranko story, FN+), 2 (Neal Adams story, VF/NM), 3 (Lovercraft + Barry Windsor-Smith, date stamp, VF+), 4 (Toms Sutton, VF/NM), 5 (BWS, Wally Wood, NM-), 6 (Ditko reprint, Wood, NM-), 7 (BWS, Wood, Kirby reprint, VF+) 

8 (amazing Wrightson cover, NM-), 9 (Wrightson cover, Lovecraft story, Dikto & Kirby reprints, VF+)

Free shipping to the lower 48! All proceeds go toward a good cause!

I have no idea what to charge for this lot...

Let's try....$55?

IMG_0928 (2).JPG

IMG_0929.JPG

IMG_0930.JPG

IMG_0931 (2).JPG

IMG_0936 (2).JPG

IMG_0933 (2).JPG

IMG_0934 (2).JPG

IMG_0935 (2).JPG

Edited by MisterX

Huge grab bag of DC sci fi here! $300 shipped. Bargain price!!

Strange Adventures #93 fn- [top corner damage]

Strange Adventures #108 fn+

Strange Adventures #109 fn

Strange Adventures #119 vg+ [Northland copy with certificate!]

Strange Adventures #120 fn [2nd Atomic Knights]

Strange Adventures #121 vf-

Strange Adventures #133 fn+

Strange Adventures #150 vg

My Greatest Adventure #54 fn+

Mystery in Space #51 vg [cover sunfaded]

Mystery in Space #88 vf

Hawkman #13 fn+

20180129_142221.jpg

20180129_142214.jpg

20180129_142232.jpg

20180129_142241.jpg

20180129_142249.jpg

20180129_142257.jpg

20180129_142304.jpg

20180129_142309.jpg

20180129_142144.jpg

20180129_142153.jpg

20180129_142207.jpg

25 minutes ago, MisterX said:

A spooktacular reader's lot of scary books! With some HG BA horror thrown in, too! 

First up, two well-read copies of EC Archvies Shock SuspenStories V1 & V2. These are the Gemstone additions. Solid copies, but the binding at the very end of each book is slightly coming loose.

Next up is Creepy 139, a VF copy, all Alex Toth reprint issue, with a cover inexplicably by Rudy Nebres.  Great Archie Goodwin/Alex Toth stories in here!

Four Color Fear, published by Fantagraphics. I was so terrified by this book, I dropped it and bent the upper right-hand corner! A great reprint of PCH, featuring Crandall, Powell, Wolverton, Kremer, Katz. Kubert, Nostrand and more!

A lot of Gemstone EC reprint books -- ShockSuspense 13 &14, Vault of Horror 13,14,15, and Tales from the Crypt 19 and 20. 

Finally, some Bronze Age Marvel horror --

Chamber of Darkness 6 (VF), 7 (Wrightson cover, VF) and 8 (Wrightson cover VF)

Tower of Shadows 1 (Steranko story, FN+), 2 (Neal Adams story, VF/NM), 3 (Lovercraft + Barry Windsor-Smith, date stamp, VF+), 4 (Toms Sutton, VF/NM), 5 (BWS, Wally Wood, NM-), 6 (Ditko reprint, Wood, NM-), 7 (BWS, Wood, Kirby reprint, VF+) 

8 (amazing Wrightson cover, NM-), 9 (Wrightson cover, Lovecraft story, Dikto & Kirby reprints, VF+)

Free shipping to the lower 48! All proceeds go toward a good cause!

I have no idea what to charge for this lot...

Let's try....$55?

IMG_0928 (2).JPG

IMG_0929.JPG

IMG_0930.JPG

IMG_0931 (2).JPG

IMG_0936 (2).JPG

IMG_0933 (2).JPG

IMG_0934 (2).JPG

IMG_0935 (2).JPG

Take it

Thanks Ike

OOOKAY! Phew! So far fully $2000 from fellow boardies contributions alone ($2050 to be exact.)! Thanks so much to all of you! Whether what you listed sold or not, it has all contributed to the richness, as have all the supportive comments, which are immeasurably valuable to me.

Not quite ready to give this year's thread a viking funeral just yet, however. We've done enough to keep Roshni afloat, but now I would like to try for a revised total of $5000 which would give Roshni some much needed buoyancy. I have a few Hail Mary posts still to come, and I think we could still find a few more boardies contributing overnight (my time) tonight, so we'll see where we get to by tomorrow!

I just posted to one of you that line from Schindlers List, where Schindler is blubbering that he should have done more, and the guy he's talking to tells him, 'The list is an absolute good'. Has stuck in my mind ever since, and ridden my conscience - and I think with all humility we can all agree that the list of scholars named in my first post is also such a list.

An absolute good.

Their lives are dire, their prospects precarious, but they dont surrender, young as they are, frail as they are, abused... as they are. Who then by comparison can claim to be strong? Certainly not I.

So when you reflect on what we have achieved here together - equally - together - remember this. And kiss your loved ones for me, because there but for the grace of God, go any of us, and them.

Let there be light.

IMG_4361.JPG

Hi Flex,

Maybe I missed it among all the great books, but is there a way for us boardies to make a direct contribution through your paypal or something? Followed your "Tales" thread in GA for a while, gives me hope when the world seems sour.

Great work sir!

-bc

55 minutes ago, bc said:

Hi Flex,

Maybe I missed it among all the great books, but is there a way for us boardies to make a direct contribution through your paypal or something? Followed your "Tales" thread in GA for a while, gives me hope when the world seems sour.

Great work sir!

-bc

I'm so glad you asked me this publicly. Yes, any boardie who wishes to can make a donation to my paypal account, which I will faithfully record in this sales thread and count towards the total. Just shoot me a pm and I will send the address! thank you so much!

Edited by Flex Mentallo

On 1/27/2018 at 7:14 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

Another decent reading lot of classic reprints. Asking $60 shipped

Fantastic Adventures #11 fn+ [reprints Blue Bolt Weird Tales of Terror #116]

Eerie #15 fn [reprints Blue Bolt Weird Tales of Terror #113]

Strange Mysteries #15 vf- [reprints Dark Mysteries #23]

Jungle Adventures #15 vf- [reprints Jungle Comics #152]

Doll Man #17 [reprints Doll Man #28]

Danger #17 fn+ [reprints Scoop Comics #8]

Danger #10 vf [reprints Great Comics #1]

and

Patsy Walker #21 5.5 $50 shipped anywhere for free