• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats a GA book everyone wants, that means noting to you?
6 6

200 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

ACTION 1 ?

....Nothing but a winning lottery ticket to me....

DETECTIVE 27 ?

.... just a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow .....

....I'd sell either as close to instantly as possible. I probably would buy a nice FF 1 with a small fraction of the proceeds. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I would feel same way about the action 1.  Sell it off and buy all kinf of goodies with it ?. The Tec I would keep . Batman had aged well with the time. Supes has not in my opinion. If created today Batman would still do well. I think superman would fold fast.

This thread is pretty interesting, its amazing the variety and lack of consensus regarding which books  people are choosing.  I guess it goes to show we all have different collecting tastes to some extent and also that there is a LOT of GA material to choose from :)

3 hours ago, Bo_Hogg1 said:

I ABSOLUTELY HATE the Reform School Girl cover. The woman looks absolutely gross!!! The only reason for me to get this book would be to sell it immediately. The bad azz woman cover to get is The Spirit 22 which I have.

I can see someone (not me) saying they don't like the book, however, to say Marty Collins looks "gross", might be considered a little harsh.

2 minutes ago, jhutton2 said:

This thread is pretty interesting, its amazing the variety and lack of consensus regarding which books  people are choosing.  I guess it goes to show we all have different collecting tastes to some extent and also that there is a LOT of GA material to choose from :)

Sadly it doesn’t help anyone because no matter how many collectors aren’t interested in a certain book there are that many that are keeping prices high. :frustrated:

6 minutes ago, Hudson said:

I can see someone (not me) saying they don't like the book, however, to say Marty Collins looks "gross", might be considered a little harsh.

I would have used old for a title with girl in it and creepy but hey, that’s me...

9 hours ago, Knightsofold said:

I like the tall ears on Batman’s mask, but the other figures are drawn so poorly I can’t believe how much people love this.

3541686C-82D1-4424-BE87-FE0DF7EE22E8.jpeg.769cc183ef77c6b4bbae73c6aa2c0d63.jpeg

+1,000,000

Plus, what's the big deal over the hypodermic needle?

Almost every one that everyone wants, I can't even think of an exception off the top of my head I have any interest in. Action 1, Detective 27, all those "keys" I have no interest in. Also, while not golden age, the first ones I thought of were the "log" issue of Gunsmoke or whatever it is and the Archie "beat off" cover. I absolutely hate that those are popular at all and people make a big deal out of them.

I never liked Romance books. When I was a kid, if that was all that was left in the store, I'd leave. I liked Blackhawk better than Romance, any I've gotten in lots, I promptly gave away.

There is something about those posed women in tight sweaters that just screamed "PLEASE GO TO SCHOOL" to me;) and the stories..well, I guess  you guys aren't reading many of the stories, so scratch that;) 

Cool thing about this post it has me looking up some of the books and prices and all I can say is god bless the guys who are paying that kind of money for some of the top Romance books ahhhhhhhhhhh why? why?   I know this is politically incorrect ( I am old so I can get away with it sometimes) but to me they will always be girls comics. Could you imagine going with your dad down to the local newstand and asking for the new issue of Sweethearts back in 19 whatever.

I also wonder in this niche market do these books have long term investment growth as some of them bring real money? ( just asking?)

NOTE:   This post is NOT a swipe on anyone or what they like to collect.  Just fun & seriously enjoy what you enjoy collecting.

Edited by Frank Mozz