• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hake's Feb Auction Detective #27 CGC 5.0
1 1

33 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Not to bump this old thread just to razz them, but they are apparently going to have a comics only auction (their first?).  Check out the books on their preview page: https://hakes.com/Article/1250/211436/Upcoming-Comic-Auction-Online-August-20th

Strong offerings pictured on the preview page. If the rest is of that quality I will definitely be ... vacationing. 

8 minutes ago, bronze johnny said:

Lol-wasn't my intention to post it here! Had a question about whether someone might recognize the book and know who the prior owner was since my friend has no idea.

Sorry, I thought your were linking a new Hake's consignment and that was their photo manager in the reflection.

On 2/2/2018 at 7:54 PM, Junkdrawer said:

Imagine if it were possible we could create a group/syndicate where everyone in said group contributes equally the same amount of money and we all bid and win it. Knowing you own a % of it legally would be pretty neat. Lots of issues and details to work through for sure, but I did say imagine. 

A few of us tried to do this when GAtor put up a run of Tec #27-38 (iirc) up for sale on the chat forums over a decade ago.

Really tough to hammer out a partnership like this but it is possible. We ended up not doing it.

4 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

GAtor put up a run of Tec #27-38 (iirc) up for sale on the chat forums over a decade ago

It's about time he does that again. :taptaptap:

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 8/18/2018 at 2:38 PM, Gotham Kid said:
On 8/18/2018 at 2:21 PM, Sqeggs said:

Not to bump this old thread just to razz them, but they are apparently going to have a comics only auction (their first?).  Check out the books on their preview page: https://hakes.com/Article/1250/211436/Upcoming-Comic-Auction-Online-August-20th

Looks like leftovers from a CC or CL focused ( not featured ) auction.

It's really odd given that they've been gradually increasing the quality of their comic offerings in their regular auctions.  Recently they had the GA collection with numbers written on the cover that included the Tec 27 and other significant books.

Running an auction with a bunch of junk seems like a big step backwards.  Why not just hold these books until the next regular auction and include them there? (shrug)