• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Hush Covers - The Poll
2 2

What are your favorite covers from the Batman "Hush" storyline? YOU MAY CHOOSE UP TO FIVE  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite covers from the Batman "Hush" storyline? YOU MAY CHOOSE UP TO FIVE

• 608 1st print (flying/boot)
    • 608 2nd print (standing/skyline)
    • 608 RRP variant (Bats/Hush)
    • 619 1st print (heroes)
    • 619 2nd print (chessboard)

67 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, John S. said:

Well Comiclink auction has started and the Hush cover is already at $25,250. Given the poll and how low this covered scored, is this a case of people putting in their max price now and just letting it ride, or is this a $35k + piece?

I wouldn't read too much into those poll results.  I think the consensus seems to be that other than one or two, none of these covers seem to stand out much from the pack.  Even then, there seems to be much disagreement over what those one or two standouts might be.   For me, 610, 614 and 616 are easily the three least desirable, but the rest are more or less on equal footing.  If you're willing to drop 50k+ on a Hush cover, 618 is as good as any other.

28 minutes ago, rocket1312 said:

I wouldn't read too much into those poll results.  I think the consensus seems to be that other than one or two, none of these covers seem to stand out much from the pack.  Even then, there seems to be much disagreement over what those one or two standouts might be.   For me, 610, 614 and 616 are easily the three least desirable, but the rest are more or less on equal footing.  If you're willing to drop 50k+ on a Hush cover, 618 is as good as any other.

And even the 610 and the 616 I'd love to add to my collection. I wouldn't "step up" the way I might for some of the others*, but I'd love to have them.

*Love Jim Lee and Hush but do not collect his work

Edited by J.Sid

On 2/16/2018 at 9:57 AM, Hekla said:

Over 35k now, with 3 weeks remaining. Crazy

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like EVERYTHING took off like a shot right away with this round of auctions. With the stuff in my wheelhouse, it's usually a slow burn. But I'm already almost topped out on everything I was interested in, and there are weeks to go! Did the Hush cover bring more eyeballs than usual? 

5 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like EVERYTHING took off like a shot right away with this round of auctions. With the stuff in my wheelhouse, it's usually a slow burn. But I'm already almost topped out on everything I was interested in, and there are weeks to go! Did the Hush cover bring more eyeballs than usual? 

I was thinking the same thing.

For one item however it may have been that max bid Gene put in.