• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Static, Icon and Jakeem?

7 posts in this topic

Hey there :3

Since the overwhelming response from Marvel's Black Panther has seemingly set a precedence in altering the fabric of Hollywood, I'm rather curious what that may mean for future adaptions of black superhero properties, particularly those to which DC (whether they reboot the DCEU or not) may bring the fold, given they seem rather reactionary, i.e. the company's belief that Lobo may be their answer to Deadpool, for example. 

Personally, I'm considering Static, Icon, as well as Jakeem Thunder as potential adaptions in some form.

But what do you think? Would Static #1, Icon #1  and JLA #26 be comics to keep on one's radar?

Static and Icon, back in the 90s, were great reads.

There's already been some speculation on Static 1.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I read the Milestone titles when they came out and enjoyed them, but then I was in my early 20s and less discerning than I am now. I should give a re-read to see what holds up and what doesn't. Static was my favorite of the bunch and I could see that making a good live-action movie. Icon I think might feel to people like too much of a Superman knockoff. I think Blood Syndicate has real potential for something that we haven't seen in the super-powered movie genre.

6 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I would add Hardware to the list as well. I liked Static best, but I also read Hardware as well. Didn't care for Icon.

Static Preview was in Icon #1 (which I believe is OP's point).