• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So what issue is the real 1st app of Red Goblin?
2 2

378 posts in this topic

795 may well be the hard to find one in the future. May be recognised as first Norman Osborne as carnage or something

Or limited variants of 798 

I'm still also hoping on  the first cover appearance on 796 store variant is recognised by cgc. (mostly because I love that cover) 

8 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Was the 1:100 Ross virgin cover the "rarest" variant being released for 798?  Seems dealers have ordered a ton of these so I was thinking there was at least a 1:500 or a 1:1000. 

I'm wondering this too. It seems like there are plenty of these out there (even though the price has gone up). I really like the Delotto variant, but I can't resist Ross. 

19 minutes ago, Xenuprime said:

I'm wondering this too. It seems like there are plenty of these out there (even though the price has gone up). I really like the Delotto variant, but I can't resist Ross. 

could it be be one of those rare instances these days when a 3000 limited distribution comic is more rare than a 1:100 ?...      i reckon the 1000 print runs will be ! 

how many regular subscribers of ASM have asked for extras in their pull box ?   i reckon more than a couple. 

14 minutes ago, MGH said:

could it be be one of those rare instances these days when a 3000 limited distribution comic is more rare than a 1:100 ?...      i reckon the 1000 print runs will be ! 

how many regular subscribers of ASM have asked for extras in their pull box ?   i reckon more than a couple. 

Thats possible! The only 1000 print run I know of is the Dodson virgin, but that just says "ONLY 1000 RELEASED WORLD WIDE ONLINE", so there is probably more than 1000.

3 hours ago, MGH said:

795 may well be the hard to find one in the future. May be recognised as first Norman Osborne as carnage or something

Or limited variants of 798 

I'm still also hoping on  the first cover appearance on 796 store variant is recognised by cgc. (mostly because I love that cover) 

5aabe629c3570_s-l1600(8).thumb.jpg.0609b60ca71798f346ffbac5edf57fb6.jpg

cbcs is listing it as first cover, not my book pulled offline 

Edited by williamblood

1 minute ago, williamblood said:

i still haven't got my trade copies ughhhh

seriously.. i preorded these ages ago  ...   and some people already have slabs... sigh...   comic xposure .. .ive not used them before - but not read great things.  

18 hours ago, MGH said:

http://comicbook.com/comics/2018/03/14/red-goblin-marvel-retailers/

Comic shops ordering  multiples more copies.  This article quotes a comic shop ordering 10x their usual order of ASM 

This book could very well be this bubble's Turok #1. Pretty much anyone that wants one is already going to own multiple copies, having invested big, but with no one to sell it to.

The contrarian tends to be the one that makes money with investing/speculating; I may need to pop a bunch of other stuff on eBay before this particular bubble bursts.

I think that the spec bubble will not hit in full force until the upcoming Marvel relaunch. That wave of variants should put the last two rounds of Marvel relaunches to shame.........

18 hours ago, ygogolak said:
18 hours ago, MGH said:

http://comicbook.com/comics/2018/03/14/red-goblin-marvel-retailers/

Comic shops ordering  multiples more copies.  This article quotes a comic shop ordering 10x their usual order of ASM 

And that shop from Dublin the quoted, his numbers don't even make it on Comichron.

Yeah, but he did not say what he is starting from. Increasing by 400% could mean 100 copies or 1000 copies. Same goes for the store with the 10x on ASM numbers.

I picked up 100 copies from a LCS at a discount to chase the 1:100 since I like the Ross cover. That order was a multiple of their monthly ASM file sales on its own.

Don't get me wrong - I think that having Marvel confirm the 1st app with a bit of time to spare will help ensure huge numbers (the LCS owner I ordered from called me as soon as he saw it confirmed so I placed the order with him and I posted it here), but I think that #800 will be the one with the huge print run in this arc due to the number of 1:100, 1:200, 1:500 and 1:1000 variants. Despite the high cover price, a lot of stores will have at least one regular variant collector that wants a 1:1000. Add in the month or so before FOC and I can see a lot of stores pre-selling regular copies like crazy to get as many variants as they can.

Edited by kimik

Just keep in mind: unless Marvel or a retailer who orders a store variant tells you upfront, nobody knows the actual print run of anything. 

"1:100, 1:500, 1:1000"...those numbers have no bearing on how many Marvel actually prints. They're just numbers that retailers need to meet to qualify to order the incentive.

Anyone telling you different 1. doesn't know what they're talking about, and 2. is probably trying to sell you something.

See recent: "limited to 600!!" recent fiasco.