• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts on date stamps?
1 1

33 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

:bigsmile: I see "MID-" and then an unknown character. Perhaps it represents a particular comic shop...

Not any of those. It's a typical Crown date stamp from the 50s or 60s. From the last wheel's settings, you can choose from a set range of dates, typically about 10 years worth from the time you buy the stamper, and that last wheel also has non-date choices, like Recd, PAID, M.A., etc., etc. In this case, it was set on a choice other than the year.

2 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Not any of those. It's a typical Crown date stamp from the 50s or 60s. From the last wheel's settings, you can choose from a set range of dates, typically about 10 years worth from the time you buy the stamper, and that last wheel also has non-date choices, like Recd, PAID, M.A., etc., etc. In this case, it was set on a choice other than the year.

Interesting, thanks....still wish I knew what it said though.. 

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:12 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

Regarding the history, the date stamp is a couple years after this book was on the stands. I wonder who stamped it ?

Edited by The Lions Den