• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee Fires Longtime Manager Max "Mac Anderson" possible Embezzlement and abuse!
5 5

118 posts in this topic

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5428459/Stan-Lees-longtime-manager-fired-honeytrap-claims.html

(article link above)

Uk newspaper claims that Stan Lee fires longtime Manager Max "Mac Anderson"...  claims of embezzlement  have reared its ugly head .

But it does not stop there , elder abuse, trying to force Stan Lee to change his will...to write his daughter out of the will. 

"Stan Lee claims he is afraid for his life!" 

I had always heard stories about Max his manager , tales of embezzlement , even of elder abuse.

But those were just rumors even from reliable sources until proven are just that , there was never any factual evidence provided.

If the above article is indeed true , than its just awful. And i feel terrible for Mr.Lee and his daughter.

( and hopefully no nasty remarks about "Kharma being a person_without_enough_empathy". please keep in mind that elder abuse of any kind is very serious and terrible )

Has any collector had any interactions with Max, anything that stands out as being inappropriate ? 

Max was always buying high end original comic art at comic conventions ,was he using funds that may have been embezzled , was he trading in autographs for art?

He also always bragged that he had at least 25,000  Stan Lee autographs stashed away for a rainy day when Stan passed.

Just curious?

When someone comes forward with a contentious story like this and they only have six posts total, they usually have an axe to grind.      Maybe that's not you; I don't know you.     

But I'm left wondering.

2c

Edited by Bronty

No malintent here, i have had no direct interactions with Max , and i truly hope that somehow this article is all a huge misunderstanding . 

I wanted to get insight from other collectors. And as i mentioned elder abuse is not something that should be ever be taken lightly.  

My point of reference is this article . Whatever stories i heard  in the past no matter the source i always took as rumors... nothing more. 

I would never ruin someones reputation because i heard a story. Its just that.... a story.

Does anyone have any insight?

9 minutes ago, The Voord said:

The Daily Mail is a long-established and widely-read tabloid newspaper over here in the UK.  Can't see them running a totally bogus story?

Credit the non-UK readers of your post: your statement could be read straight or as sarcasm, equally.

lol

"Tabloid" carries a certain stigma here in the States that may not be the case elsewhere.

The Daily Mail is the tabloidest of tabloids that tends to divide all things in existence is two categories: things that cause cancer and things that prevent cancer. Sometimes the same item appears on both list.

For those outside the UK, I would take anything the Daily Mail says with a fistful of salt. 

8 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

He definitely is an anti-photo nazi, even if you are 100 feet away.

Hilarious. Uh don't bring Stan out in public at all then. Dude. LOL. Love those must have total control type personalities :)

I'm not sure about anything in the ugly situation.

Guys like Neal Adams and Steranko and recently J Scott Campbell have come forward as saying Max treated Stan like a father and they are afraid for stan in this situation. This whole thing just wreaks of fish. Something is not right here. 

8 minutes ago, TheRealVenom said:

Guys like Neal Adams and Steranko and recently J Scott Campbell have come forward as saying Max treated Stan like a father and they are afraid for stan in this situation.

HuhO.o?  Me no understand sentence.

Are these guys defending Max or not defending Max?