• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is getting Chris Claremont's sig a cluster-F****
1 1

15 posts in this topic

thought it would be fun to meet him and get a sig. Just a signature on an early xmen book, no witness CGC SS thing. Question: is it a long line (thinking Las Vegas con this summer) for Chris usually? Is it a Stan Lee kinda nightmare?

when I did it 3 years ago,,,,,,, No it wasn't ...... compared to Stan Lee? definitely not... is it a typical wait, yes, but isn't too bad, he's also real nice :) which may make the line take longer lol 

4 hours ago, NoMan said:

thought it would be fun to meet him and get a sig. Just a signature on an early xmen book, no witness CGC SS thing. Question: is it a long line (thinking Las Vegas con this summer) for Chris usually? Is it a Stan Lee kinda nightmare?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

He's a cordial and gracious guy at the cons I've seen him attend.  Do yourself a favor and attend his panel(s) if he's doing them.  It'll be well worth your time.  His books were the foundation of my comic consumption from junior high through college.

The times I've seen him the lines were "longish" but not like Stan Lee.  He does take time with each fan which is nice.  I would guess I waited less than 30 mins each time.  I do think he charges a small fee (maybe $5 or soemthing) to sign non-CGC books.  CGC books are more.

@bigcbass

Hey Chris!   The consensus is, he really is a terribly nice guy.   Too nice.  He LOVES to talk.  So the lines can take a while to get through.  It's not uncommon for guys like him (and Steranko) to take 10+ minutes per fan telling stories.  It's about patience, I guess.  If you're in his line for a couple hours---I wouldn't be surprised.   

On 3/5/2018 at 8:55 AM, Pirate said:

Tell him that you love to read his work in trade paperback format!

Exactly! He loves his fans, especially the hard core ones. He is a really nice guy though and loves to talk people's ears off. Not a bad thing unless you don't have the time or patience to wait in line. 

25 minutes ago, martini25 said:

Exactly! He loves his fans, especially the hard core ones. He is a really nice guy though and loves to talk people's ears off. Not a bad thing unless you don't have the time or patience to wait in line. 

I was being sarcastic, he will go on and on about how bad trades are and chastise you for not buying the floppies.  It was kind of funny.

Edited by Pirate

1 minute ago, Pirate said:

I was being sarcastic, he will go on and on about how back trades are and chastise you for not buying the floppies.  It was kind of funny.

nice! But how else am I going to read his stuff when I have his stuff signed in slabs :nyah: