• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Annual March Madness CGC Grading Tournament - Round of 64
5 5

218 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, comicquant said:

I was kidding with BUTM.  At the same time it seems strange that they don't factor the overall grade into the cover's grade.  Essentially this is like having a single cover book with both a cover grade and an interior grade.  Seems like something isn't right.  

Thats why i thought the entire motive for the grading policy was to discourage people just taking off the outer cover.

22 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
10 hours ago, W16227 said:

I believe —— the best cover is used for the grade

:gossip:

I believe that the phrase "time in a bottle" refers to the amount of beer you can drink before last call.

52 minutes ago, comicquant said:

Its Mark something...  He used to be an SA grader at CGC.  :ph34r:

Great - just great.  So he got paid to grade books which makes him ineligible for this event??:wishluck:

Edited by 1Cool

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:
2 hours ago, comicquant said:

Its Mark something...  He used to be an SA grader at CGC.  :ph34r:

Great - just great.  So he got paid to grade books which makes him ineligible for this event??:wishluck:

Edited 1 hour ago by 1Cool

:baiting:

hmmmm - so you are one of those.......   "not a professional grader"    types??????

14 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

Light Tan to Off White Pages would have something to do with the grade, as well as something we can’t see. 

Maybe a stain inside or detached centerfold....

I would agree about the page quality bringing down the book.  Perhaps the pages are just short of brittle, or maybe a detached staple or rust.  

31 minutes ago, comicquant said:

I have no idea who he is!  Just a little grading tournament trash talk!  :baiting:

Very nice - got me!  I'm just kidding about him being ineligible.   Hopefully he got his good picks out of his system last round.

6 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Very nice - got me!  I'm just kidding about him being ineligible.   Hopefully he got his good picks out of his system last round.

I'm hoping I got all my bad picks out in the last round (it was ugly)!  BUTM definitely stepped up his selection for this tournament.