• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shopgoodwill.com

17 posts in this topic

I don't think that shopgoodwill.com is a charity and honest.

I managed few wins (no apparent shills involved) but it gets worst every time.  Last one, I finally got a last straw with shopgoodwill.com after they closed the auction ended early (little over 5 days left). I have a feeling that item was sold to someone else. They may abuse their own policy.

Take a look at the picture:

FxljERvl.png

Their response was....We do apologize there was an Incorrect amount of comics listed in description. I replied back...Will it be relisted?  Responded again, At this time we are uncertain when they will be relisted. We do apologize for this inconvenience.  I don't buy it.

Look at those links (a lot of complaints):

https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/shopgoodwillcom-goodwill/nationwide/shopgoodwillcom-goodwill-blatant-shill-bidding-hey-goodwill-you-get-it-all-free-anyway-425947#comment_1

https://www.reddit.com/r/Flipping/comments/20jo6x/lets_talk_about_shopgoodwillcom/

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/shopgoodwill.com

There are much more links.

I remembered I watched 1941 Marvel Comics #77 on shopgoodwill.com. They described it would be a perfect CGC candidate. I asked for the larger scans. They sent 16 images immediately like fifteen minutes. I looked every details in all images and the book looked VG+ or better but I could not detect the restoration until I see it in my hands. The final bid was like..$768. My response was like no fricking way!  Those VG copies were sold under $400 on eBay. I always suspected that place is full of shills. What is your thought of this website AND Goodwill?

22 minutes ago, JollyComics said:
42 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I think it is just Facebook harvesting your frustrated data.

You just killed me again.

that was pretty good.

but honestly the prices almost always seem way higher than you would think. I always felt it was very shilly, but maybe it's just that people don't mind bidding more for charity?

7 minutes ago, revat said:

that was pretty good.

but honestly the prices almost always seem way higher than you would think. I always felt it was very shilly, but maybe it's just that people don't mind bidding more for charity?

Very thoughtful of you. Donate it again but I chicken out.

Pardon my ignorance - but is that beat group of books even worth the current bid on this lot?  The 86 appears to be the only complete book, unless I'm missing something.