• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage May auction
5 5

346 posts in this topic

260 Mile Highs... maybe the 2 im  really interested in slip under the radar... not likely.

Lots of ridiculously high graded books for teen humor comics that have less than 10 on the CGC Census etc.

Will be interesting to see how well the market can absorb these all at once.  I’m sure that Millie #2 Cgc 8.0 going for almost 20k flushed a lot of these out.

Wonder if these all came from one consignor and if there’ll be even more mile highs getting listed over the next few auctions.  Sure seems like a ton to dump at once.

A lot of books that I previously saw last year as part of Comic Heaven's convention stock are now in the Heritage auction.

Well, can't blame the family for selling when he passed.    

The question becomes how much will they sell?   Everything?  Or only part of it?

If its everything there are going to be some jaw dropping sales.

Edited by Bronty

I googled his name just for the heck of it and was surprised to see he and Nanette divorced five years ago.    So... the books were left to Little John?

51 minutes ago, Bronty said:

I googled his name just for the heck of it and was surprised to see he and Nanette divorced five years ago.    So... the books were left to Little John?

I thought he had a daughter.  Maybe I am not remembering that OPG ad correctly.

1 hour ago, adamstrange said:

A lot of books that I previously saw last year as part of Comic Heaven's convention stock are now in the Heritage auction.

Thanks for sharing that information.

I don't think anyone should be shaded for selling books at Heritage that Verzyl was trying to sell at conventions.  Especially, if the heirs have other careers and don't want to run-off his business (I have no idea one way or the other). 

More so, I really don't think there is anything wrong with heirs trying to quickly and efficiently liquidate a part of, or all of, an estate.  That's their right. 

From the perspective of this board, I'd think that everyone would celebrate Verzyl's personal books coming back to market (although some may regret it if they are not selected to be the ones to expedite that process).

Maybe some of th

28 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

I thought he had a daughter.  

Maybe some of the guys that knew him personally can comment, but unless there was a child from another relationship..:

"VERZYL JOHN J, a 52 year old man, and his wife, NANETTE ROBIN, a 50 year old woman, with 1 children, who were married on Tuesday, September 25, 1979, were divorced on Tuesday, March 5, 2013, in UPSHUR county."

Edited by Bronty

I was pretty sure there was a Daughter named Rose.  Not sure about a son.

SUre hope the estate  does not flood the market with his stuff.  They would have to do better  by splitting his stuff up over many many auctions/venues