• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Grail Are You Pursuing?
5 5

86 posts in this topic

On 4/18/2018 at 7:58 PM, Mac Man said:

Hm. Those early Superman issues are really something special, no? I had a lead on a coverless Action #23 but missed out on it. :facepalm:

I still need to get my hands on a Batman #20 -- one of the first GA books I fell in love with but never managed to acquire. And of course, maybe tack on another nice early GA Cap. Yeah, GA Bats, Cap, and Supes are pretty high on my list. 

There are two copies of Batman 20 in the CLINK focused auction going on right now

Batman 20 4.0

Batman 20 2.5R

11 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Anything originally painted by Frazetta would be mine too.

I buy a Powerball ticket every week. As soon as I win, I will pry this away from the person who paid over a million dollars for it. :whee:

I’m a modern collector with a few older books. So that said, The grail I’m currently looking for is a copy of TWD 1 black label, raw or slabbed. Price has got to be right and affordable based on my budget though. 

Unfortunately, not many tend to agree with me on the price. O’well. One day.

I don't have a lot of books I'm pining for.  Since completing my Adams Bats and Smith Conan runs, I've been fairly happy.  If there's any book I can think of, it's probably Vampirella #1 in high grade.  I am only interested in books that I can associate with from my younger years.  This pretty much leaves out any of the major DC and Marvel keys from the SA and GA, which are pretty much out of my price range anyway.