• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Grail Are You Pursuing?
5 5

86 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, oakman29 said:

He certainly was an interesting man to talk to.

Here is Stan Lee signing my  Spider Man cartoon cel 

20190707_085734.jpg

Bluh you just hung out with Stan Lee in his office and stuff????  :whatthe:

I've finally gotten the funds together to search for my grail, an X-Men 1, probably somewhere between 2.0-3.5, maybe 4.0. I just need to be more aggressive about actually searching for one...

3 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Small grail- ASM 50

Medium Grail- ASM 13

Large Grail- ASM 129

If anyone is selling any or wants to trade for something, let me know :)

How are your "small", "medium", and "large" ratings determined?  Because the same $1,000 will get you a nice copy of any of them.

2 hours ago, valiantman said:

How are your "small", "medium", and "large" ratings determined?  Because the same $1,000 will get you a nice copy of any of them.

He put up lottery balls but I think those distinctions would depend on the collector's personal preference. I would value some bronze age like X-94 as major grails but others that are into gold silver age would see them as less than major. Maybe the term "key" is more definitive?

2 hours ago, valiantman said:

Ya, price wise, a 9.0 in those would go ASM13, ASM50 with ASM129 distant third.

19 hours ago, valiantman said:

True...

I guess it goes off what I am expecting to spend to just have a decent copy. I'd like to get a VG range ASM 50 for around $200-300, A GD/VG ASM 13 for $400-500 and a Fine or so copy of ASM 129 for $600-700. So it is a combo of what I am willing to spend on each and what I have available to spend. Of course, I wish I had $1000 to plop down on each but I do not. 

If I can acquire all three for $1200-1500 in this condition range that is the goal. 

Edited by comicginger1789

15 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Nice Grail!

What would you call that? Medium grail? I would think its major but wouldn't know how most would categorize it.

Another smaller grail (but major for me at least) I just got in 9.2 is asm 39 currently being reholdered...shhhhh keep it on the down low ;)

Edited by MGsimba77