• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] GA Slabs: Amazing Comics 1, Shock Suspenstories 5, Planet 64, Batman 25
1 1

22 posts in this topic

[CLOSED - BOOKS HAVE BEEN MOVED OFF-SITE]

Pics in separate posts below. Thread will stay open until Wednesday 4/25 and books will ship Friday 4/27. 

1. Amazing Comics #1 CGC 7.0 OW/W $1,500 $1,450  
  2. Shock Suspenstories #5 CGC 7.0 CR/OW $450 $425
  3. Planet Comics #64 CGC 8.0 OW/W $600 $575
  4. Batman #25 CGC 5.0 OW/W (Slight C-1 restoration: small amount of color touch on cover. (Tape on cover)) [SOLD] 
  5. Great Comics #1 CGC 9.2 White Pages [SOLD]

Details:

• Shipping for graded books is $13 within U.S. via USPS Priority Mail. Combined shipping available. 
  • International shipping at cost.
  • Payment via PayPal goods & services only.
  • No probation or HOS.
  • Returns accepted within 2 weeks if book is not as described or shown.
  • Claim in comments trumps DM.

Kudos thread: 

Edited by shortboxed
PRICE DROP!

18 minutes ago, shortboxed said:

Batman #25 CGC 5.0 OW/W (Slight C-1 restoration: small amount of color touch on cover. (Tape on cover)) $500

batman_25_r.jpg

I am really interested on this bats, but being a novice and maybe I am doing something wrong, but when I put in the certification number nothing comes up in the census, is it because it has restoration?

4 minutes ago, jzeze said:

I am really interested on this bats, but being a novice and maybe I am doing something wrong, but when I put in the certification number nothing comes up in the census, is it because it has restoration?

It also says tape on cover twice

14 minutes ago, jzeze said:

No...restoration would not keep it from returning the info with the verification tool.

33 minutes ago, jzeze said:

Probably a tech glitch. I’ve had it happen before. Seen lots of typos on labels too. lol At least it has the right issue number. :eyeroll:

You should be able to contact them and verify if your concern it’s legit but besides kudos shortboxed also has a site if that’s your concern.

http://shop.shortboxed.com/

40 minutes ago, jzeze said:

Can you post a back pic on the bats 25

I'm actually not sure why it says "Tape on cover" twice. Perhaps it's a typo? I got this onsite graded at ECCC so maybe it was just an oversight since they grade so many books over the course of 4 days. That was also a few weeks ago, not sure if there's a delay between certification and when it shows up in the registry. If anyone knows, please chime in. 

DSC02231.jpg

Edited by shortboxed

24 minutes ago, N e r V said:

If you’re going to buy a restored book the amount done to this one is pretty minor to me as resto goes and it does look nice.

@jzeze I bought it as unrestored, even the dealer (a very reputable dealer) missed the resto. It's very, very minor and can probably be removed easily and re-submitted. I've considered this myself but to be frank, I'm just too lazy to do it and currently hunting for another copy, hence why this one is for sale.