• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question About NYCC Wonder Woman #1 Gold Foil Variant (ERROR Edition)

4 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

I'm not a fan/collector of variants and error/recalled editions of comics, so I'm hoping those of you who are can help me out with this fun little find of mine.

I recently purchased a lot of 150 or so variant comics from a local. Most were exclusive editions, including many relatively rare ones and foil editions. In the collection was the coveted NYCC Exclusive Gold Foil Wonder Woman #1 Rebirth Jim Lee variant pictured below. Cool find, right? Well, it's even more exciting because I just realized yesterday that my copy is an error version, with the silver foil back cover, instead of gold. Learn more about the error here

So far so good. I know what I'm dealing with. Where I need info is in regards to the extra white cover attached to the book that you see below. Were the copies distributed like that to protect the covers, then removed before being given/sold to the public? If not, then I think I have a promo copy. As it turns out, the seller told me these came straight from the printer back in the day, and there are a handful of books in the lot with this extra cover. I've scoured the internet and have yet come across another copy WITH this white cover on it.

So, can anyone shed some light on this? I'm sure there are many of you who are in a place to know how these books arrive from the distributor.

Thanks in advance! :wishluck: (thumbsu

ww_Gold.thumb.jpg.62eaded2e4d516e712f07a906f47b4dd.jpg

3 hours ago, masterlogan2000 said:

I had to do some searching, but recall that @BeachBum addressed this on a couple different books in a couple different sales threads of his.  Take a look at the following posts, as I'm assuming this is the same deal here:

Super, thanks! I've also been in touch with CGC. They'll give me the official word in a day or two, but the above has pretty much answered it for me. Greatly appreciated. (thumbsu