• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sick To My Stomach

81 posts in this topic

My first dealings with CGC.
USPS Registered Priority Mail. Postage boxes flawless as pictured. Inspected todays delivery boxes with USPS delivery man at the time of arrival.
The first 14 pictures are from yesterdays shipment. The last 10 are what I received a few hours ago. 
There is more damage than what is pictured. These were from my longtime collection. I am sick to my stomach. 
I have been in direct contact with the Director of Operations and have yet to receive an apology from anyone. 
I would like the community opinion on how I should proceed, pictures provided, and how you feel I should be compensated for a significant portion of my collection being destroyed.

DSC06598.JPG

DSC06601.JPG

DSC06603.JPG

DSC06604.JPG

DSC06610.JPG

DSC06611.JPG

DSC06612.JPG

DSC06613.JPG

DSC06614.JPG

DSC06615.JPG

DSC06621.JPG

cgc1.PNG

DSC06644.JPG

DSC06648.JPG

DSC06651.JPG

DSC06655.JPG

DSC06656.JPG

DSC06660.JPG

DSC06661.JPG

DSC06662.JPG

DSC06667.JPG

DSC06669.JPG

DSC06671.JPG

DSC06672.JPG

1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

What was wrong with the other thread you posted about this?  You know, the one where you called CGC throwing F bombs six times?  Among other things.

People like you completely ignored my stuff being damaged and are hyper focused on me dropping F-bombs at the horrific customer service. You are more in tune with launching a character assassination for some reason. I know what you think about my f-bombs. What do you think about the damaged property and the product pictured above?

Actually I agree with Bruce for reposting. I found it ridiculous with all the members on here going off with candy and such. It had nothing to do with him. Whether he went about his anger with the situation in a proper way does not matter. He had a right to ask opinion and vent his frustration. I am totally unsure how the cases would have cracked if safely in the box. Sealing on the other hand could have been a problem with the sonic sealer not sealing the posts correctly. My suggestion is take an inventory of each item that you have a problem with. Even if it's just a holder not properly sealed but your magazine did not get damaged. The least they would do is change the holder and hopefully your magazines will be fine. As for those which did get damaged, you should have declared an insurance value on each item. Talk with Harshen or whoever you have been in contact with. Compensation should be given or possibly a replacement item in similar original grade. I am sorry you had problems with your collection. Getting replacements or money actually does not help if you had attachment to your originals. Good luck. Do try and refrain from cursing though.

2 hours ago, PBruce said:
4 hours ago, comicdonna said:

What was wrong with the other thread you posted about this?  You know, the one where you called CGC throwing F bombs six times?  Among other things.

People like you completely ignored my stuff being damaged and are hyper focused on me dropping F-bombs at the horrific customer service. You are more in tune with launching a character assassination for some reason. I know what you think about my f-bombs. What do you think about the damaged property and the product pictured above?

Karma?  (shrug)

1 hour ago, Philflound said:

Actually I agree with Bruce for reposting. I found it ridiculous with all the members on here going off with candy and such. It had nothing to do with him. Whether he went about his anger with the situation in a proper way does not matter. He had a right to ask opinion and vent his frustration. I am totally unsure how the cases would have cracked if safely in the box. Sealing on the other hand could have been a problem with the sonic sealer not sealing the posts correctly. My suggestion is take an inventory of each item that you have a problem with. Even if it's just a holder not properly sealed but your magazine did not get damaged. The least they would do is change the holder and hopefully your magazines will be fine. As for those which did get damaged, you should have declared an insurance value on each item. Talk with Harshen or whoever you have been in contact with. Compensation should be given or possibly a replacement item in similar original grade. I am sorry you had problems with your collection. Getting replacements or money actually does not help if you had attachment to your originals. Good luck. Do try and refrain from cursing though.

Image result for macintosh toffee jpg

4 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

wtf? lol 

Some "seasoned veterans" would rather troll my posts and mock my loss of several thousand dollars worth of my collection rather than offer words of substance. One thing everyone can agree on is that this is not my crowd and CGC and I are not a good match to do business. I learned this on my very first transaction with them before any f-bomb was ever dropped. 

5 minutes ago, PBruce said:
19 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

wtf? lol 

Some "seasoned veterans" would rather troll my posts and mock my loss of several thousand dollars worth of my collection rather than offer words of substance. One thing everyone can agree on is that this is not my crowd and CGC and I are not a good match to do business. I learned this on my very first transaction with them before any f-bomb was ever dropped. 

My advice would have been, "never submit."

Sorry for your loss.  :foryou: 

16 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

I do enjoy the pictures. I wish you would get your hand out of the way though.

Pervert.

5 hours ago, comicdonna said:

Stop making sense.

Every troll comment made on my post proves that CGC is not a place to do business. Provoked and lied to by staff. Mocked by multiple members without provocation including so-called "seasoned veterans". A long time collection destroyed. They say I deserve it. They say its karma. I say I made a bad choice by choosing CGC to grade my collection. I should have kept them safe where they have been for 20 years. I should have kept the $1500 I paid for the service and membership.

Wow... CGC quality control is bad but this is the worst case I've seen yet.  That is just terrible and a company should be embarrassed with letting that type of product out the door.

No matter how much you may dislike a disgruntled customer, a company should have better integrity then this.  

3 hours ago, deadleg said:

@PBruce Just out of curiosity, were your books bagged and boarded when you shipped them off to CGC and did you have them insured? 

Yes. And I have over 25 years in mail order and over 35,000 public comments on eBay the last 19 years. Priority insured and registered. Registered goes through a different process than regular USPS packages. They are handled delicately. That's why the 4 postage boxes they shipped my 50 magazines in are in flawless condition. No explanation as to why 20+ issues and holders are damaged other than it being retaliatory actions by CGC employees for voicing my discontent during the encapsulation process. The encapsulation process, and I have the email, was personally overlooked by the Director of Operations who I spoke to shortly after the altercation with CGC employees. No damage to the shipping boxes and personally overseen by the Director and STILL 20+ issues damaged? Foul play....period.

DSC06644.JPG

DSC06648.JPG

DSC06651.JPG