• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you keep track of run collecting?
1 1

67 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Wipple said:

095D91DE-76CB-407A-AAE2-C4CACAAB25A5.jpeg

Pa3uAMOl.jpg

A3ot3zHl.jpg

reminds me of how I used to keep track of mine when I was a lad.. specifically the legend or "code" as I called it. The best part is that I have an accounting of what books I owned when I first stopped actively acquiring books in ~1978. Later versions-- with software and printouts included grading (not very accurate but better than a check mark). And now they live on the web at Comic Book Realm (Life member- valuation is questionable but better than nothing).

Edited by 01TheDude

I never needed anything more than my memory ( which has always been freakishly good ).

I also seem to have very good visual recognition, so if I have the book I recognize it if I see it and then remember that I have it.

Ultimately it is why I have disliked variant covers. Issue #12 of some title I collect comes out, and I know I have one after I buy it, until I see a variant #12

I use Excel, with similar columns to the spreadsheets already shown. It's formatted correctly for Pivot Tables though, which is SUPER useful during tax time. 

Edited by october

18 hours ago, n2wdw said:

I use comicbase  www.comicbase.com

they have covers, price updates every week, and you can get on your iphone or via the web. I've been using this software for over 10 years

+1 it's nice to have everything on the phone.  I think you can print out a checklist report also, but haven't tried it

21 minutes ago, Shawnismaximus said:

I just have notes in my phone that I browse through. I always have it on me, so it's handy dandy and ready to go. 

The only problem is I ran into a dealer who thought I was looking up the comic on ebay. I was just seeing if it was crossed off my list yet. 

I wonder why it mattered to the dealer that you were possibly looking the book up on Ebay? His price is the price.