• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Free Original Art scanner. Yes, free. But...

3 posts in this topic

My Mustek ScanExpress A3 USB scanner can be yours.  No strings attached, but please read the whole description to make sure it's the right scanner for you.

I bought this scanner a number of years ago, and it worked great.  But it's been many years since I bought and sold original art, so it's been many years since I needed a scanner that can do 11x17 artwork.  As a result, the scanner has sat unused for at least a decade.  When I tried to get the scanner to work today with my current Windows 8 laptop, I got a message that Windows couldn't find the driver.  When I tried to locate a driver online, I had no luck.  Since I don't need it anyway, I'm ready to retire this scanner to the junk heap. 

But before I do that, I thought I'd see if any boardies have a use for it.  Original-art sized scanners are pretty pricey, so here's a chance to get one for only the cost of shipping plus the time and aggravation of finding the appropriate driver.  This baby is yours for just the cost of USPS shipping (or free with no shipping if you can meet me in Springfield, MA). 

The scanner's specs are here

https://www.cnet.com/products/mustek-scanexpress-a3-usb-flatbed-scanner-series/specs/

And if you're interested, I'll get a box, weigh it, and get you a shipping price.  

First "take it" in thread gets dibs.  A "conditional take it pending shipping cost" is fine. To give you an idea of shipping price, it will probably weigh about 15lbs and be shipped from Zip code 01038.  Payment by Paypal is ok, but check preferred to avoid the fees (since I'll be making zero on this).

Of course, any questions are welcome.  I'll leave this up for a few days and if there are no takers, then the junkman gets it.

Thanks for checking out my listing.