• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Someone took my scans on Ebay...reportable???
2 2

18 posts in this topic

So I just discovered someone took my scans for a complete set listing, and is selling the same set apparently for much more than my BIN with shipping.  Their feedback is low, but all there transactions are also private which raises some alarms to me.  I had 5 watchers on my sale, now only 4 as I think one of them might have seen this other BIN from Joe Schmoe and believes my legit sale is a scam???  Never had this happen to me before.  Should I contact them and tell them to cease and desist?  What is the proper steps here?

Edited by gradejunky

I would just go straight to ebay and be sure to explain how this impacts your own sales and constitutes 'seller interference'.

Edited by kav

Thats messed up. I would report to feebay as stated above. I wonder if the person snags other listings as well. They have many different backgrounds in there other listings. Most people genererally have a specific spot they work from. So background is generally the same.

Edited by wolverine180

@gradejunky

I had this happen once, a new user started copying my pics. I sent him a message saying "Hey, please don't do that." He apologized and took them down, didn't realize it was a breach in etiquette. It might be easier/faster to contact them directly rather than appeal to ebay, which is, in my experience, usually a waste of time. Of course, they may just be a jerk, but you never know if you don't try. Some people have bad intentions. Some people just make dumb decisions because they don't know any better, and will stop once politely corrected. I'd always prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt. Good luck!

I had this same thing happen to me once about a year ago. It was obviously my picture because all of my listings had the same background, which was not the case for this other seller.

I called Ebay and they contacted the other seller to remove the picture. It took a couple days if I remember correctly which was frustrating because it effected my sale of the same comic book.

18 hours ago, gradejunky said:

guy apologized and removed pic.  I gave him a little rant to stop doing this as it makes people think someone is scamming with identical scans yadda yadda.

Awesome, glad he wasn't a total jerk about it.