• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 9
6 6

155 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, FineCollector said:

5.5 and 7.0.  No way do I buy a comic with a stain as an 8.0

Edit: wouldn't buy it as a 7.0 either, frankly!

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Surprised the didn’t give the staining on the 1st book much of bump down but gave the ASM 300 a nice down grade because of the staining.

Amen to both of these. As for the ASM I didn't see it as a stain as much as straight up food/sauce on the cover. And 5.0 with stains? Methinks I've been a tad too harsh to stains lately. BUT, positive points I will take.

Nailed the 8.0 and did notice the stain. An 8.0 in the guide reads  "No obvious soiling, staining or other discoloration" but I went with 8.0 anyway because there wasn't much else wrong with it. It should read "No obvious soiling, staining or other discoloration unless there is a lack of other accumulative defects". Seems that CGC  slammed it hard for the stain because without it, it would have graded much higher. Missed the Outlaw one at 6.0 but can certainly understand a 5.0. One of these days  I'll get my double bulls-eye...there's always next year. Oh wait, there's still round 10. :devil:

1 hour ago, Black_Adam said:

Went 5.0 and 9.2. After all the other copper graded stuff that (IMO) looked no better than VF and ended up being NM I thought I had this grading thing figured out... :tonofbricks:

Edit: Totally missed the stain on the ASM #300. Must have been distracted by that awesome cover...

I did exactly the same!

17 minutes ago, Mr.TawkyTawny said:

Waiting for round 10 too.  I don't see it.

lol I think green ham waits till grades recorded since that didn't happen until late, then perhaps we should all be asleep still idk :foryou: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Went 3.5 and 8.0. Saw the stain on the ASM, but definitely thought the GA book was going to get hammered more because of its stains and other stuff added together...should've thrown that thought out the window and given it a bigger GA bump anyway. Oh well, I'm happy with one bullseye to offset the -1, at least :takeit:

On 6/28/2018 at 7:10 PM, Not A Clone said:

5.5 & 8.5. I'll take it. The 300 was hard because it was difficult to tell what was/wasn't on the case.

Same. I had a 5.0 and 9.2 because I thought it was case abrasions as mentioned during initial post.