• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #4 1st Silk Dilemma

11 posts in this topic

So I've got a really nice copy, I never really liked the cover or Silk lol. If you were me, and flipped comics you dont care for for fun and and beer money, would you flip it now raw, or slab it and flip it when it returns given the standard non rushed turn around time frame?

I've often heard that in the ASM #1 2014 edition that it is the first appearance of Cindy Moon....

I'm sure it has already been stated, but how come it isn't on the CGC label? feel free to give me a Bill Engval's "here is your sign"

but "if" cindy moon is just in "flashback" in the book, how come then no cgc label says "first Cindy Moon"  but ASM #4 does say "Cindy Moon becomes silk"....

Is CGC trying to say that ASM #4 is not only the 1st appearance of "Cindy Moon" but also that she "becomes Silk"?

I'm so confused....:ohnoez:

I know I know this question has been mentioned quite a bit, but I'm not sure if my "specific" question was satisfied.... :sorry:

11 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've often heard that in the ASM #1 2014 edition that it is the first appearance of Cindy Moon....

I'm sure it has already been stated, but how come it isn't on the CGC label? feel free to give me a Bill Engval's "here is your sign"

but "if" cindy moon is just in "flashback" in the book, how come then no cgc label says "first Cindy Moon"  but ASM #4 does say "Cindy Moon becomes silk"....

Is CGC trying to say that ASM #4 is not only the 1st appearance of "Cindy Moon" but also that she "becomes Silk"?

I'm so confused....:ohnoez:

31 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Because CGC labels aren't comprehensive, even when they're accurate.

Do not rely on CGC for information on the contents of issues.

lol that's what was confusing me, I read the Spider-mans #1 and #4 from 2014 but it has been a while, I just remember there were flashbacks and a kiss at the end...

I didn't know if cgc was "trying" to say #4 was the 1st appearance of both Cindy & Silk, I didn't know if it was another Domino like experience due to flash backs etc similar I think to X-force 8?

I could be way out of line, but my memory is this and what CGC says doesn't make it clearer :shy: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/22/2018 at 2:18 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol that's what was confusing me, I read the Spider-mans #1 and #4 from 2014 but it has been a while, I just remember there were flashbacks and a kiss at the end...

I didn't know if cgc was "trying" to say #4 was the 1st appearance of both Cindy & Silk, I didn't know if it was another Domino like experience due to flash backs etc similar I think to X-force 8?

I could be way out of line, but my memory is this and what CGC says doesn't make it clearer :shy: 

CGC did this with Marvel super Heroes and Carol Danvers. I wrote them that since they distinguished Jason Todd and Robin, Carol Danvers and Ms. Marvel deserves the same distinction. As to why they arent doing this for Cindy Moon/Silk I can only think of 2 reasons. 1, shes not considered a big enough character considering shes new, or 2, no one has called them out on it yet